Kidnapped

"Dong. Dong. Dong," the grandfather clock in the hallway chimed softly, the only noise in Kayde's silent house. Her green eyes fluttered open as she delicately swung her feet out from under the blankets and padded across the cold, wooden floor. She swung open the double-doors of her room and walked out into the hallway. The marble was cold against her toes. Kayde turned her head to stare out the window and saw that soft, white puffs were falling from the sky. Her winding stairs took a while to navigate in the dark, due to the size of the mansion that she lwas staying in, but she found it after a few minutes, and tiptoed downstairs.

Kayde felt her way to the kitchen, grabbed a candle, and lit it with the matches that were always kept on the countertop. It was hard to light a candle in the dark, but since her grandparents were very old-fashioned, Kayde had done it many times. She put the candle on a silver holder, and walked back upstairs to the grandfather clock. Putting the candle near its face, she saw that the time was three-oh-seven a.m. Suddenly, Kayde felt an icy finger tap her shoulder! She jolted and dropped the candle. It rolled across the marble floor and slowly came to a stop. Kayde turned around to face a masked man with a bag. She screamed just as the man threw the bag over her head.

All she saw was darkness.

teenpoet8 said...
This was just something I threw together.  My poems are better... sorry guys.

teenpoet8 replied...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:50 am :
rate it even if you hate it!