.Gone. | Teen Ink

.Gone.

By CraftyCinamatic SILVER, Ponte Vedra, Florida
CraftyCinamatic SILVER, Ponte Vedra, Florida

"Fall in love? I'd rather fall in chocolate"

- Me :D

“Mam, I know this is hard for you, but I need more information than that… I want to help you”
“She was there, I put her in her crib to sleep… and… I couldn’t find her when I woke up”
“Did you see anything different this morning” he said.
“No, she was just gone, I don’t know, I don’t know, I’m sorry.”
“It’s not your fault mam… I just need to know… were there any signs of a break in, any missing items?”
“No,” she said.
“Ok mam, that’s all we need for now,” he said. “Don’t worry, we are doing everything we can to find your child.”
“Thank you,” she said and walked out of the building.

The father was brought in for questioning.

“I didn’t even know she was abducted until it came on the news, how could I have anything to do with it?” the father said.

“Ok, I’m asking you again. Where were you when your son disappeared?” the investigator said.
“I have family, in Connecticut”
“Mmm hmm…”
“I have receipts and witnesses, if you need them” the father said.
“Ok, thank you for your time, that’s all I need for now.”

The mother sat down and watched TV. “A missing child has been reported,” the news anchor on the TV screen said. “The mother, whose name hasn’t been included for her safety, woke up Thursday morning to find her young girl missing. Neighbors claim they hadn’t heard or seen any suspicious activity. If you find a child that looks like this please report it to the missing child agency,” the news lady said as a picture of the abducted child flashed across the screen. The mother ran out of the room.

“Hello, I’m glad you came back. I have a few more questions to ask you,” he said.
“Ok,” the mother said, sitting down at the table.
“Do you have anyone who… would want to harm you or your child? Who would’ve had a reason to… abduct your child?”
“No, not that I know of,” she said.
“Why is it the father wasn’t there when…it happened?”
“We’ve been divorced for almost a year now,” she said.
“Ok, do you know where he was?” he said.
“No,” she said.
“Ok, but do you know where he lives?”
“Yes,” she said.

They went to the father’s house.
“FBI here, Open up!” an agent said. The door didn’t open. The FBI broke the door open after a few times of knocking. “Ok mam, the coast is clear, you can come in!” the agent said.
“Ok,” she said. She picked something off the floor. “This is my son’s hat,” she said.

this is a story I had to do as homework in one of my classes.we had to make a minamalist story, which means we're not supposed to include any description and everything is described through dialogue. Anyway, this is what I got, so enjoy!