Smile

Even your softest touch bruises my pale skin, for you are not gentle. Pain blossoms like the white petals of stargazer lilies where your hands place themselves upon me. Although I shake in fear, I laugh. There is no way I could ever let you know how much you scare me, how much I can't stand to have you near. Your breath feels like fire washing over my icy skin and every word you speak sends shivers up my spine.
I remember who you are. From those memories I remember what you have done- to me and so many others. No love lingers in your kiss. Only lust and desire can be felt tinged with overwhelming hostility. I don't know how I found myself here, in your arms. Perhaps your promises of kindness and comfort lured me within your grasp, or perhaps it was my own foolishness to believe that someone could care about someone like me. It's no secret that I am crazy. Everyone knows that I throw away the best things I could possible have in favor of something that is worth nothing more than a smile. Still, to me, a smile means more than anything. Ah, yes, that is what brought me here. You made me smile. With every word you spoke you pulled me deeper into your trap.
You made me feel beautiful, special- as if someone could be lucky to have me. Maybe I was, before you. Maybe, before my complexion was bruised with purple and black fingerprints and before my eyes were swollen from your fists. Once, maybe I was pretty, someone worth loving. But now all I am is a girl. Your girl. Your beautiful, special little "Angel" who will never give up on you. No matter how badly you hurt her, she will smile.

EnigmaticBeing said...
Nov. 12, 2011 at 1:14 am
No boy who hurts you is worth being with because true love doesn't kill. It gives birth to lives anew. To a better you.