Harmless

Setup: on stage left, a bare desk and chair; on stage right, what appears to be a cheap motel, the shade at the window is drawn and there is a light on inside; spotlight switches between sides

(a teenage boy enters stage left with a laptop and sits at the desk, laptop turned so the audience cannot see the screen. As he types and apparently surfs the web, adult voices are heard offstage. The boy jumps and begins to close his laptop. The voices fade and he relaxes.)
Boy (as if talking to himself): My parents would kill me if they caught me looking at this. They"re so uptight. I mean, there's nothing wrong with it.

(Spotlight switches to stage right, where a man smoking a cigarette leans against the motel. As he looks at his watch, a second man, Asian, walks up with a young girl in tow.)
Cigarette man (annoyed): You're late. Is this the girl?
Asian man (in broken English): Yes, this is girl. She fourteen, pretty, she be twelve dollars.
Cigarette man: (curses under his breath) Twelve? You said eight.
Asian man: Twelve. She good girl.
Cigarette man: (shells out money while grumbling)
(Girl stands silent, looking at the floor through entire exchange.)

(Spotlight switches back to stage left)
Boy (continuing to talk to himself): I mean, it's the girl's choice anyway.

(Spotlight to stage right. Asian man leaves. Cigarette man grabs girl's arm to lead her into motel room.)
Girl (realizes what's happening): (struggles and begins to plead in her native language.)
Cigarette man: Shut up! (drags girl into room. Their silhouettes are seen against the window shade. Man begins to set up video camera.)

(Spotlight back to stage left)
Boy (continues): It's totally their choice. If they didn't like it, they wouldn't do it.

(Spotlight to stage right.)
(Girl continues to protest, then screams as Cigarette Man forces her down)

(Spotlight to stage left)
Boy: It doesn't hurt anyone.

(All lights off)