.....

I see her. All happy and ecstatic. It's impossible to find her in the crowd of faceless people, but I find her. She has this certain aura around her, like a beacon of light. All joyous, with that stupid sappy smile on her face. Well, I can take care of that. I rubbed my hands in anticipation; any moment now. I imagined the scenaraio in my head. She would turn around that corner, looking for 'him'. Find him in the arms of that pretty red-head. Shock, surprise,betrayal emotions would flick across her face.
Then I would step in, offer her my shoulder. She would welcome it. I can be pretty persuasive, you know. And then, after a few days I would put my master plan into action. Slowly, steadily replace all those happy memories with the sad and depressing ones. Replace practical thoughts with suicidal ones. Push away your friends, your family. Oh yes, that would be good. And finally, drive you to the edge of lonliness, to apoint where you would jump into that dark, dark hole of death. Then my work would be complete.

Next target, looking around with an evil smile... YOU!

I am Depression. And I will make this world into a sad and depressing one.

Firebringer17 said...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 6:32 am:
you definetly have made the mood apparent. I was surprised that it ended so soon, I'd want to see more of this charater's stream of concienceness

thestorycritic replied...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 10:34 am :
Hmmm. Point considered. Thanks anyway! :)

AgnotTheOdd said...
That was...depressing.  The idea was certainly interesting and no doubt it happens.  I liked the perspective.

thestorycritic replied...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:28 am :

Depressing?! umm.. okay. 

Thanks anyway! :)

enchanted said...
Wow. Really made me think. Job well done!! Well written and very original. Great Job!!! :)

thestorycritic replied...
Nov. 8, 2010 at 6:04 am :
Thank you!! :)

thestorycritic said...
Oct. 20, 2010 at 6:51 am:
The line 'looking around with an evil smile' should be in brackets. Sorry.