Courage is like a Heartbeat | Teen Ink

Courage is like a Heartbeat

By Mandi_Mac SILVER, Glendale, Arizona
Mandi_Mac SILVER, Glendale, Arizona

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do something worth writing." -Ben Franklin

Courage is like a heartbeat. It may beat triumphantly and proud at times. A heartbeat may be calm and steady courage doesn't always roar. Beating silently, inside, waiting for an opportune moment to “shine”. Quietly, becoming louder as the courage elevates the beating, the thinking, the love, and the bravery. A heartbeat never fails, giving the strength to make it through the day. On rare occasions the heartbeat stops, causing emotion, causing courage to step forward. That is what gives the strength to move on when you don’t know how. Sometimes it may be the little voice from the heart that says, “I’ll try again the next time.” For there is no courage without fear as there is no heartbeat without a heart.

Using a concrete word to describe an abstract object as a simile.

on Sep. 20 2010 at 11:09 pm
Mandi_Mac SILVER, Glendale, Arizona

Thank you so much! Glad you liked it! :)

on Sep. 19 2010 at 9:34 am
CrazyWriter GOLD, Lorton Station, Virginia

"Once you have given up on the most important thing in your life, you begin to die, because then, you gradually lose your true self"~Hana Kimi
"Someone who can lie to themself. . . is lonely, and in pain"~Hana Kimi

that was deep  nice job

~CRazYWrITER