Wrong Timing | Teen Ink

Wrong Timing

August 12, 2010
By Olgags GOLD, Mexico, Other
Olgags GOLD, Mexico, Other
19 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Kiss me and you will see how important I am - Sylvia Plath


INT: A dark bar full of people. Early night. Two guys sit at the counter.
Dave
I told you dude, I’m not doing it. (He takes a drink from the glass in his hand, then sets it on the table)
Matt
Why did you come then?
Dave
I don’t know. I just….(he sighs) I don’t know.
Matt
I told you. (He taps the table with each word) No. Going. Back.
Dave
I know but…(he looks down) remember the last girl we gave him? (He looks up and glances around him. He whispers) He almost killed her.
Matt
(laughs) Oh come on! With the dope we give them, they never even put up a fight. Besides (Leans forward) it isn’t worse to what you did to your girlfriend. (He smiles).
Dave
(slams the table) THAT (everyone around stares at him so he begins to whisper) was an accident.
Matt
I agree, but I helped you cover it up and now, it’s payback time. (leans back) You’re not getting out of the business. Not tonight. (Guy number one sighs). Now, tell me. Do you think she’ll do? (they both stare at the blonde sitting not too far away.)
Dave
I guess so, yes.
Matt
Perfect. (Keeps staring at the girl).


Same bar. Two seventeen-year-old girls sit at a table close to the counter.
Stacy
(looking around) We shouldn’t be here. Maybe we should just go. (she turns to the girl in front of her)
Emily
(sighs) What? (rolls her eyes) First you’re all “yeah let’s buy fake ID´s“ and “yeah, let’s go to a club“ and now you want to leave? No way. We’re staying.
Stacy
But…
Emily
No buts! Now (she takes the cocktail list and stares at it) what do you want?
Stacy
Nothing. (looks down ashamed) I don’t want anything. I’m not drinking.
Emily
(groans and puts the list on the table. She leans back and pauses.) God, I can’t believe it. (looks around) There are no cute guys here.
Stacy
(still looking down. She mumbles) That’s all you think about.
Emily
I mean, seriously, can you see any? (Stacy sighs. Loudly) What?
Stacy
Nothing I….(pauses) Em, lets just go. Please?
Emily
Oh my god Stacy! Will you just shut up about that?!? If you want to go (leans forward) just leave! Ok? I don’t need your help to find guys. (Matt’s smile catches her eye.) In fact, I don’t need you at all (she stands up. Quickly) I’m going to the counter. You do whatever you want. (She walks away, using big steps)
Stacy waits for her friend, but something tells her she’s not coming back. A waitress walks up to her table.
Waitress
Hey. (She chews her gum) You want something?
Stacy
No, I’m ok. Thanks.
Waitress
(frowns) Where’s your friend?
Stacy
I don’t know. Probably looking for hot guys.
Waitress
Well..…(looks at all the people without a seat.) you should just go then.
Stacy
(pauses) Yeah. (the waitress nods and leaves the table. Stacy’s expression transforms into one of sadness.) Maybe I should.


We come back to the two guys sitting at the counter. They have been watching Emily, and are now waiting for her to come up to them. At least one of them has.
Matt
Are you in then?
Dave
I…
Matt
Tell you what. I’ll do the talking, I’ll give her the pill in the car, and I’ll give her to him. You just drive, ok?
Dave
(Thinks for a moment)
Matt
Dude, think about the money. We are millionaires just for getting one girl. Maybe with this job you’ll be able to get out, form new life. (smiles) What do you say?
Dave
(sighs. Makes up his mind) Fine, yes (glances to his left) Here she comes….(he looks down) God….
Matt
Pull yourself together. Now. There is no turning back I told you. (stares intently at him) You have to do this.
(Emily reaches the counter and casually smiles at the two.)
Matt
Hey.
Emily
(turns towards them) Hi. (she smiles flirtily)
Matt
How you doing?
Emily
I’m really good. (Plays with her hair) What are your names?(She glances at the second who is still staring at the floor)
Matt
I’m Matt, this is Dave. (at the sound of his name, “Dave“ looks up. After a quick guilty smile towards the blonde girl he looks down again)
Emily
I’m Emily. (flicks her hair) Really nice to meet you.
Matt
(nods) So….you doing anything right now?
Emily
Um…(she looks back at her table. Her friend is still sitting there, all alone. Emily’s smile widens) No, (she pauses) I’m really not.
Matt
Want to come to a party?
Emily
(turns her sight back to Matt) Sure. I have nothing else important to do so, why not?
(Matt glances at Dave, who has now met his eyes, and Matt….just smiles)