Who Cares? I just smile.

They stare me down as I stroll the hallways of the high school in the new town. Their brows draw together and they frown in a spiteful scowl. I can hear their whispers as I walk past them, smiling. “ That’s the Nina girl. She is such a freak.” They can’t put me to shame for how I look, dress, or act. It’s my life, and I love me. Nobody want’s to talk to the sixteen year old labeled “ freak”, not even the other kids that are called the same name want to. I am used to being an outcast, it’s been that way since my family died I went to the home. I hide behind my baggy black hoodie and skinny jeans with a broad smile upon my face. I don’t care what they say or what they do to me, they can’t wipe my smile away, they can’t wipe my happiness away.
Oh, believe me, they’ve tried harder than any other school had. Locking me in the girls locker room, stealing my clothes, ripping my homework, and passing me notes in class saying, “ You don’t belong here you freak of nature! Go back to the planet you came from. We don’t want you polluting our school.”
The words and actions don’t hurt me. Who cares!? I just keep smiling. I’m happy and no one person could ever change that . I am a quiet, short, black haired, brown-eyed, smiling freak… and I love it. (:

DeadPeopleKindaGrl said...
could you all go to the forum called Heyy. I'm not as cool and nice as everyone thinks. I'm scared...Help. Thanx :/

yin_yang replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:41 pm :

this story was so good that i am at a loss for words it is amazing

beautiful

full of hope

moving

inspiering

just plain ??????

i dont know what to say that is good enough for this peice.

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 1:56 pm :
i cant find your forum..

roknroll said...

FYI I'M NOT YELLING MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN

ITSIT'S REALLY GOOD. I WENT THROUGH A PERIOD WHERE PPL HAREDHATED ME. U WISH I WAS MORE LIKE YOUR CHARACTER

DeadPeopleKindaGrl said...
Don't forget to comment on this ppl! 94 have read this and only 14 have commented. That hurts. :( But seriously tell me what u think and check out my forums in fiction titled, "SUPER FUN AND AWESOME!!!PLZZZ READ THIS! YOU'LL LUV IT!", "DeadPplKindaGrl would love to share feedback and ratings with anyone!!! (:", and "Plzz give me some feedback and ratings!" Much appreciatedppl!!!! Thanx (:

squidzinkpen said...
This is such a real thing. You've taken a real situation and written it down in a creative manor that reflects positive energy on the reader, despite that their situation is, well, quite depressing. Fantastic!

DeadPeopleKindaGrl replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:47 pm :
Wow. Thank you so much for that comment. Makes me feel good about my writing to hear stuff like that from fellow artists. Thanx (:

chipsandguacamollie said...
It's a good piece with a very realistic character and situation.  There are some small grammatical and punctuation errors that could be fixed, but your writing has a nice flow and definite potential.    

DeadPeopleKindaGrl replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:45 pm :
Oh, I know. I don't really pay attention to that so much, sometimes I just get to obsorbed in the piece that I go so fast I don't realize it. But, thank you very much on your opinion on my piece.

riley... said...
wow. i feel confident after reading this. its like her inner strength rubbed off on me :D... good job, again!

DeadPeopleKindaGrl replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:43 pm :
Oh thank u soooooo much! I think that is the best thing I've heard about this piece, that it makes ppl feel more confident. There is a second part comin up too!

riley... replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:57 pm :
great cant wait to read it :)

mudpuppy said...
Schoolchildren can be so cruel, believe me I know.

abster55 said...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 9:26 am:
This was really good!! :) I loved the way you used details throughout your story and they really enhance it. Your piece could use a little extra work on the editing front, as I do see a couple of grammar and punctuation mistakes.

DeadPeopleKinndaGrl said...
Plzzzzzzzzzzz look and comment on my two new pieces. I would love to hear what u think!! Thanx (:

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 9:56 am:
This piece was even better! Completely original, the girl's confidence oozed off the page, you could feel her emotions as if you were in her thoughts.  Fabulous job.

DeadPeopleKinndaGrl replied...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 3:08 pm :
Thanx and two of my others just got posted!!! Yaaaaaay! Plzzzz check 'em out 4 me! Thanx (:

DeadPeopleKinndaGrl said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 9:28 am:
46 flipin' ppl have read this and only 8 have commented. PLEASE! Come on, if u read it plz plzzzzzz plzzzzzzz comment 4 me and rate. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know u can do it! Help me out here. I love knowing what everyone thinks! Thanx (:

A.Dreamer said...
I like it, short and sweet. :) I like how she doesn't let anybody's opinions of her affect her. It was a great piece!

GreenEyedGirl14 said...
I really enjoyed this. It was short and to the point! Also very original too! There were a few sentences you could clean up, but i love your writing style :)