Insanity: Yes. Another Segment.

I glanced up at the teacher. Yay, another flipping conspiracy theory!

Glancing to my right I see Johnathon drawing a very detailed map in his notes. As I look back to the teacher, I see she’s drawing a rather crude version of the same map. I wince, knowing that Johnathon loves neatness and this teacher must be driving him insane. I begin drawing my own map, closer in neatness to the teachers, when I feel David nudge me from my left. “This class is boring. Can’t we just leave?” I shake my head no, frowning slightly. He scowled slightly before slouching in his seat. Sighing, I turn back to the front. This was an interesting class, but after an hour or so, it gets pretty tedious. Halfway, I wanted to leave; the problem is, I have a test on Monday and have to get these notes. I look back at the board just in time to see the teacher erasing everything. Well, at least Johnathon got them down. I know he’s going to want to get together for a study group this weekend – not that he needs it, he’s a genius. He really doesn’t even need to come to class half the time. I think, somewhat begrudgingly; I’m struggling just to pass.
Coming out of my thoughts, I realize that class has ended. Sighing, I glance down at my half-finished page of notes. Johnathon sees them and, halfway scolding, asks if I was daydreaming in class again. I put on my “I’m sorry, I can’t help it” face, and he takes pity on me. “Study group this weekend?” he asks. I grin widely, with a “sounds great! Maybe I’ll actually learn something.” Johnathon glances behind me, at the same time that my teacher clears her throat. Dang it!
As I leave class after a nice little lecture about paying attention, I see Johnathon and David arguing with each other down the hall. Some things never change I think ruefully. They’re my best friends, why can’t they just get along? Even as I think it, I know how unlikely that is. They’re just so different.