Just a paragraph.... | Teen Ink

Just a paragraph....

By SilasC BRONZE, Vancouver B.C. (as In Canada), Other
SilasC BRONZE, Vancouver B.C. (as In Canada), Other
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

"What is intelligence without imagination? Obedience..."

I lie on my back; the wind whispering through the lavender causes all the land to hush, the sweet aroma speaks and a feeling wells up inside me that can only be described by the delicate scent of lavender. I brush the velvet buds with my finger tips, kissing them with my senses. A cascade of euphoric emotion spills from the brim of my mind, soaking my soul. I pull my knees up to my chest and squeeze my eyes shut. The gentle breeze tugs at my shirt, as if it’s almost asking me to run with it. Run into the hills and never come back. Wouldn’t that be nice? If I could just keep on running and running? Never sneaking a peak at my past, just keeping my face to the wind. The lavender takes a firm grip on my thoughts, pulling me back to reality. It’s the only reason I’ve been here all my life, I don’t know if I could live without it. But maybe, just maybe I’ll be able to stand one day and turn my back on this lovely smell, this seductive assault on the nostrils. I roll back onto my back at let out a sigh, who am I kidding?

A five minute spurt of inspiration, brought on by my everlasting love of lavender.