The Alartm Clock

I woke up, to find that my alarm hadn’t gone off. Instead of getting up at 6am, I got up at 7:02am. I had to leave for work in 8 minutes. I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, and ran out the door. I forgot my breakfast. I ran back inside to grab a cup of coffee, and fell on the doormat.

I woke up, to find that I hadn’t fallen on my doormat. Instead of getting up at 6am, I got up at 6:48am. I had to leave for work in 22 minutes. I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, grabbed a cup of coffee, ran out the door, and started my car. I checked my phone battery, and hit an oncoming car.

I woke up, to find that I hadn’t hit an oncoming car. Instead of getting up at 6am, I got up at 6:17am. I had to leave for work in 53 minutes. I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, grabbed a granola bar, ran out the door, started my car, and spilled my coffee.

I woke up, to find that I didn’t spill my coffee. Instead of getting up at 6am, I got up at 5:59am. I closed my eyes for a second, and my alarm woke me up.

voxel486 said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 11:19 am

Very creative how you always returned to "I woke up," etc.

Fun story and also kind of telling of human nature that we take all we can whenever we can