Nothing More Than Everything | Teen Ink

Nothing More Than Everything

June 7, 2010
By ArtInBlackandWhite BRONZE, Oxford, Pennsylvania
ArtInBlackandWhite BRONZE, Oxford, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never start frowning, because you never know who could be falling in love with your smile."


I imagine you and me like the movies.

Could we be a movie? Could we fall in love with life all over again? Could we press the replay button when our story ends?

I want to live it over. All of it. Every laugh and smile and secret and tear. I want to press ‘play’ and see our lives like we knew them before—you and me, against the world.

When I see us laughing, I put things into slow motion. I look at us. I look at how we clutch our sides in a joyful kind of pain. I look at the tears in our eyes and suddenly realize that it’s possible to laugh until you cry.

I etch it into my brain. I draw the picture into every bit of me I have and save it there, tucked away.

And then I press ‘pause’, because this is the last second of our movie. I don’t want it to end. I want to stare at the happy streams of saltwater running down your cheeks forever. I want to swim through all our memories. I don’t want this to fade to black. I don’t want to forget.

If I could keep my senses on ‘pause’ forever, I would. I would. I swear, I would.

But now, I feel you fading…fading through those shades of gray. Don’t leave, I whisper, but you can’t hear me.

Could we be a movie? Could we fall in love with life all over again? Could we press the replay button when our story ends?