Stretch Marks

I may be elastic, but there’s no need to stretch me beyond my normal capacity. It’s common girl knowledge that if the hair tie does not go around the ponytail three times no matter how much you struggle, but is far too loose to be practical when twice wrapped around, you find a new hair tie. Trade with someone who had different hair than you, it’s really not that complicated. But alas, many incidences of hair hastily thrown into a ponytail during soccer games and emergency waitress braids held into place when late for work have left many hair ties stretched beyond their capacity, leaving a thinning out of the thread right where the glue holds the ends together. And they don’t make Maderma for those kinds of stretches. These abused hair tires are beyond their prime, and become carelessly abandoned in bathroom thrash cans, female dressing rooms, and softball fields around the county. So next time you use one of these precious items, without which your life would be much more complicated, remember to threat them with care. Maybe you will find yourself desperately asking, “Does anyone have a hair tie?” two minutes before the start of your race a little less often.