Confused and Missing | Teen Ink

Confused and Missing

June 3, 2010
By crazy4music GOLD, Sewell, New Jersey
crazy4music GOLD, Sewell, New Jersey
10 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.


A bright blue sky is above her. Tall green grass is to her right. A rock hard black driveway is under her back. An empty space is to her left. Trees tower above her, their branches flowing in the wind. Her background music is calming, just as the heat from the blacktop is warming her body.

Everything around is peaceful, but her mind is not clear. Thoughts race through her brain, so fast there’s no way of stopping them. She’s thinking of her family, friends, and life. She’s thinking of her teachers, classmates, and grades. But she can’t decide which is most important. Pros and cons fill her head with positives and negatives, all counteracting each other’s meanings. She’s thinking of the past, present, and future. She’s thinking of the good, better, and the best. But she can’t decide which to forget, which to remember. Shall she remember the mistake and learn from them? Or should shall she keep the never ending moments, and live just like them? Her life is so confusing, and her brain won’t work with her body.

A loud blast interrupts her train of thought. But there’s one thing she didn’t forget about. With all this beauty around her, there was one thing missing. She’s thinking of how much she would want someone there with her. She doesn’t want to experience a slowing of time and life and nature all by herself, otherwise it will mean next to nothing.


She’s wishing someone would be in that empty space to her left. She’s wishing everything would be what she wanted, what she needed to continue on.

How could I have gotten inside her brain? How could I know exactly what she wanted exactly when she wanted it? How could I know her thoughts? It’s not complicated, in fact I’d be surprised if you hadn’t figured it out already. Her is my. She is I and I’m. It’s me, my life, my imagination. And you’ve just entered into the world of unknown. Is there a way of getting out, perhaps. But I’ve lead you as far as I can, and the rest is up to you to figure out.


The author's comments:
this was really me laying on my driveway, but I exaggerated on a couple things