ten for one

I find a pile of roses on the counter with my coffee and a note that reads: “Not a dozen”. So as I lay the note down and pick up the cup of coffee and draw it to my mouth , miring the roses that lay there. I am still puzzled at what I had just read . As I briefly looked over the roses and I counted them noticing there was only 10. Which was so very strange to see in a bundle of roses. So as I drive to work I forget the whole ten thing just admired the beautiful roses.

I walk up the steps to an empty apartment. I find another bundle of roses with a note again . I pick up the note left by its side again and gently open it and read it as swiftly as my eyes could. This time it said, “ Only Ten.” I drop the note to my side puzzled again at why the man I love is sending me ten roses . As I stand in the kitchen with my roses in a vase I take out something for dinner.

As I threw my hair up in a bun I pull my apron on and light the stove. As I labored over a brilliant dinner it’s six thirty and you still not hear. As a minute goes by it turns into a half hour very fast as the clock strikes 7’oclock he still has not arrived. I thought to my self work is all that ever consumes him and no time for me that is why he left the roses No later that I say that he walks in the door. “Were have you been” I started to yell . He takes his coat off without a sound then places himself at the dinner table ignoring me . I join him trying not to release the toxins that boil with in me .I sit there puzzled at the strange matter of why I didn’t get a hello or even a kiss on the cheek. He looks up finally with a smile on his face and says ,“only ten”. I said ,“what”? he says only 10. Then I flashed back to the note. He says only ten, 1because I love you 10 trillion times more. 2. Because I will say I love you 10 times more than yesterday 3. There are too many tens to count how many reasons I love you. 4. It was 10/10 when I met you 5. How could ten reasons ever be enough 6. It was ten o’clock when I first I kissed you 7. This is for the next ten times I hurt you heart 8. It took me ten times to ask you to dinner for the first time 9. Not enough ten is 10. I love you!

7Ariel7 said...
TAB... i love this one!! good job.... it is really wel written :)

Authorgal98 said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 11:25 am
Awww, this is so sweet!