Baby, I will wait for you. | Teen Ink

Baby, I will wait for you.

By marisaleighxx GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
marisaleighxx GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York

Baby I will wait for you, Elliot Yamin spoke those words, and you uttered them back to me like verbal vomit and the fool that I am I fell for it. Funny how when s*** hit’s the fan you run faster than any sprinter I’ve ever met, which is ironic because wasn’t I suppose to be the track star in this relationship. I also find it funny when you go insane if I don’t answer any text or IM sent by you, but it is quite alright for you to just ignore me and make me feel more invisible than a ghost.

Here could be the time where I reveal to the world all the twists and imperfections you have, but I’m better than that, mainly because I know that come in time, karma will get you and devour you, you will be engulfed with loneliness and you will be watching me, happy. Once I realize that you really couldn’t wait. I’ve already saw since you’ve got that new girl and I’m sure you tell her the same exact things you told me, “I have a total crush on you.” How unoriginal not only did you steal those words from Max Bemis but the fact that you probably say it to her too makes you seem like a total tool. Yet there is still a part of me that refuses to let go. Maybe it’s because we were musical soul mates, maybe because we lived the same lives or maybe just because I can’t have you and that makes me want you so much more. I’m not really sure. But I know come in time I will, and I promise I will be over you and I will despise you for all of those silly mind games, the lies and the dishonesty you put me through.

Until then I will sing back to you, “My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me. So won‘t you kill me? So I die happy.”