Fooling Pim | Teen Ink

Fooling Pim

April 13, 2010
By Kitti-Chan PLATINUM, Wichita, Kansas
Kitti-Chan PLATINUM, Wichita, Kansas
22 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Accept what you can't change. Change what you can't accept."


My name is Daylie, I was four years old. And why "was" I four years old? Because, I'm dead.


It was a day of the week, I don't know when because everyday was just like every other day. My mother was an alcholic. She drank whenever possible and when she drank, she got irritated.

"DAYLIE!!!!" she'd scream at every little thing I'd do. Then she'd smack me.

So it was a weekend I beleive when it happened. I was home alone and my mom was at a bar. I know I was only four but I could do so much. I heard my mother stumble in the door. I was scared so I ran to my room.

I slid under my bed and huddled as far back as I could get. I saw her bare feet stumble in my doorway.

"Daylie? Hooonnneeyy?" she says and her words slur together.

I stay as quiet as possible and hold my breath. She kneels down next to the bed and her face comes into veiw.

"YOU GOODFORNUTHIN!" she grabs my arm and I scream as she pulls me out screaming. She has her high heels in her hands and they make contact with my body hard the sharp pains hurt. Blood gushes from where it breaks skina dn I scream and cry until I can hear or see no more.



I awoke in a white room, I was scared but I felt no pain. "hello?" I call and sit up.
There's nothing and I was sure for the first time in my life, I was never going to be beaten again.