A Pen

There was a pen. And the world saw a pen. But there was a girl. And she saw the pen and she saw the words flowing onto the canvas. She saw reds and oranges splashing the paper through her words. She saw somber blues and deep purples. She saw art. And the world saw a pen.

There was a picture. And the world saw a picture. A still frame. Unmoving. But there was a boy. And he saw the picture and saw the earth breathe. He saw birds soaring through the sky and the animals below it. He saw nests and love and life. And the world sees a picture.

There was a ring. And the world just saw a ring. But there was a man and he saw the ring and he saw love. He saw beauty and new directions and he saw happiness. He saw a family and he saw life. And the world sees a ring.

There was a letter. And the world just saw a letter. A piece of paper with illegible, scratchy words. And there was a woman and she saw the letter and she saw hope. She saw the red, white, and blue, and the camouflage. She saw a blessing from God. And the world just sees a letter.

There was a coffin. And the world saw a coffin. The world saw a coffin and death and sadness. But there stood that woman and the women saw heaven and angels and life. The woman saw God and she saw her husband with Him and she saw happiness. She had a pen, and the picture, and the letter, and the ring, and she would always have him.

readbanger10000 said...
thats an amazing article all though i really didnt understand it

clairexaudrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
The woman in the story was a writer, and the man was a photographer. They both saw the little things in life as beautiful and they had such a strong bond that even something like war (red white blue and camouflage) and death couldn't tear them apart. The world saw a coffin, but the woman knew that he wasn't dead because he would live through the things she had from him (the picture and the letter and the ring). I don't know, I like the way it all ties together at the end.

SantyClaws said...

Wooahh. That was amazing. It's so short and yet manages to express so much in five paragraphs.

You're a great writer. I hope you go far with yourself.

Thank you so much(: I like that about thise piece, I wrote it on a whim, just giving snapshots and then showing the other point of view. Then it became this, and I was actually ver surprised with myself. I'm going to major in English and minor in creative writing. Hopefully I can make a name for myself (:

*this lol I hate when I make typos

*very. geez. my spelling is off today

wolveseye said...
beautiful. i love it. it's sad, yet beautiful.

Thanks(: And I know it's a little sad, but I thought it was more of a positive outlook on life. This couple saw how the little things in life could be beautiful and how to cherish life after death.