A true school story | Teen Ink

A true school story

By nachos_loving_dork SILVER, New Hyde Park, New York
nachos_loving_dork SILVER, New Hyde Park, New York

Passion isn't the key to success. It does not guarantee greatness. It simply keeps you sane while you work your butt off.

I was walking in the hallway with a flower in my hand. I had planned to give them to a boy I’ve liked for months, whose name for the sake of this story will be Nick. Got it? Good. Anyway, I had a daisy in my hand for “Nick”, because I knew he liked flowers. I was so nervous about giving these flowers, that sweating was getting all over the dainty thing in less than a matter of seconds. As I’m walking to my locker, guess who I see? There’s little Nicky, who’s waiting at the water fountain just across from my locker. He’s holding a nice bouquet of sunflowers, my favorite. A smile booming in my face, I walk towards him. He says “hi” to me in that cool but effortless way of his. I say “hi” to him back. “Who are the flowers for?” I ask, having my daisy held behind my back. Smiling, he says, “You’ll see.” He waves to someone behind and I look back, thinking it’s a friend of his. But it’s worse than I imagined. It’s (for the sake of the story) Kelly, the captain of the basketball team. I didn’t know she liked sunflowers; she looked more like the rose type. In less than five seconds, they’re smooching like crazy. I’m talking “Titanic” kiss, not “Lady and the Tramp” kiss. It was like watching the movie “Precious” over and over again. The shock got the best of me that I ended up turning the other, bending down, and barfing on someone’s shoes. Little did I know that that person was my math teacher. As I looked up, I saw my teacher, shocked as ever. All I could say was “Those proofs really get to someone’s head, or in this case stomach, don’t you say?” It gets better; I turn around and find that Nick and Kelly had been watching the whole thing the whole time. Not knowing what to do, I run, and boy did I run.

Kipitama said...
on Feb. 3 2012 at 8:56 am
Kipitama, Council Bluffs, Iowa

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." (Bartoletti, Campbell)

Another funny story. Your really good at mixing up horrible with hilarious.

babigurl9-1-09 SILVER, Parkesburg, Pennsylvania

You only have one life so have fun!

wow thats a harible story. was kelly ur friend or something or u just didn't really know her? that would be crazy if she was ur friend and she knew u liked him the whole time. sorry for ur bad luck.