Stinky Life of Barry Knotch | Teen Ink

Stinky Life of Barry Knotch

January 25, 2010
By CodyWrites BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
CodyWrites BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am, who i am. No one else. Just Cody


I rose from my bed. Sweaty, Dirty, and Greasy. My old bed made a screeching noise when I rolled off. My feet touched the warm rug. I stood, still wobbling til I caught my balance. It was Monday. School.

This isn’t the life I want. I’m Probably the biggest loser EVER. But did that stop me? No, I’m not that bad. I’m not suicidal or anything. But I have no friends, no girlfriend, no life.

I grabbed the towel off of the back of my door. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the radio, then got in the shower. The hot spits of water sprayed on my disgusting skin. I just stood there for a few minutes, not even bathing. Then all of a sudden the water grew cold. I leaned back as if a sword sunk into through my back.

I screamed loudly. I opened the curtain and there I saw my older brother Jake. Jake was 16 years old. Cool kid, got the girls. I try to learn his cool ways but, its impossible. He’s star wrestler on the school team or whatever. He always beats me up.
What was that for? I asked.
I’m supposed to take my shower first! He said.

He always complains about taking showers first. He doesn’t care about my hygiene... Well I don’t have one but, you know what I mean. I just kept taking a shower until he ripped the curtain and ripped me out of the shower, and im still naked.
I screamed even louder.

I just put on my school clothes and ate breakfast, not even saying anything to him. Breakfast, 20 minutes of peace. We lived in a trailer so we didn’t have much space. It was 7:00 A.M., 20 minutes to school.

I was home alone with my brother in the mornings. My brothers go to work at 2:00 in the morning. They work together at Giant Supermarket. My dad was 59 and my mom was 47. I had very , very old parents.

I walked out the door for school. Raining, hard. I pulled my gray hood up as I walked up the rubble drive-way. I stood at the bus stop next to my brother. Waited. Waited. Waited til 7:45. Now I’m late for school. Again.

Finally I see yellow lights flash on the left side of the road. Then the bus came to my stopped. I Went to walk up the steps but I fell. Slipping on sleet isn’t a good experience. I landed on my back. Crying, like a little wimp. Sigh, im stuck in this world, where people hate me because im ugly, and weird. I want to be normal.

I leaned up, and rolled to my side and stood up. I walked up the bus steps once more. No one was laughing, it was strange. Something was wrong. I walked slowly down the isle. There I saw my dream girl. Carly, so attracted to her, I walk by her and smile. But she just rolled her eyes and looked at the foggy mirror.

I kept walking til something cracked on the back of my head. I put my fingers behind my head and felt something gooey. I brought my fingers to my face. I saw egg yoke stuck to my fingers.


The author's comments:
This is the first few paragraphs of a story im doing. Enjoy!