Maxine | Teen Ink

Maxine

By Mequell SILVER, Columbus, Georgia
Mequell SILVER, Columbus, Georgia

The Skies not the limit....the Stars are:]

I don't know when it started or how it started but me and Max went from the straight and narrow path to no path at all. We were angels desperately waiting to fall. In all honesty, I was a little sick of walking on glass. It was time to buy a one way ticket to hell. Max left for two years when we were fourteen. She returned the summer before my junior year. Her first reaction to seeing me was laughter. It hurt a bit because even I knew I had been stuck in some time machine where I stayed pink and prissy. She was dark and almost as brutal as her edgy black eyeliner. I loved her knew look. Most people thought she was some bad a** delinquent but I knew she was being different. I craved a piece of her new life so I welcomed anything destructive with open arms. Our first initiative was to get high by any means necessary. Tatoos were just a stroll through the park. Boys...were boys. We did whatever we wanted. Went wherever we wanted. This was the freedom I dreamed of. We dodged our parents like bullets and any other self righteous adult.
We sold our self respect and soul to the devil just to have fun. We made the most out of everything. Our fun came to end the day Max brought home some cocaine. We sat on my bed, which was still pink and prissy, and began painting our nose in the white snow. We fell asleep in our bra and panties. I woke up to the sound of the kitchen drawers being open and closed. Silverware clattered noisily. Max was no longer beside me so I ran in the Kitchen. She held a butchers knife screaming, "Their all over me! I can't get them off!" Small snakes covered her from head to toe. She tried stabbing them off. I tried to help her. My head felt fuzzy and slowly the snakes started to disappear. Max had so many knife wounds. I screamed for her to stop but she protested that the snakes were still there. She passed out and I ran to her trying to erase all the blood. I couldn't help her so I cried. It never occurred to me to call 911 or the fact that there were never really any snakes. I passed out beside Max. I couldn't handle all the blood.

I guess what I'm saying or trying to say is: Be different but do it with common sense. Know your limits and respect your morals, not only for yourself but for the sake of your friends.