algebra suprises | Teen Ink

algebra suprises

September 30, 2009
By an0nym0u5 GOLD, Big Lake, Minnesota
an0nym0u5 GOLD, Big Lake, Minnesota
12 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"all that glitters is not gold."


its a wednessday ive got wanted by jesse james blaring in the background and im doing algebra homework (ugh) im sitting on the couch trying to figure out the square root of pi and my cell phone starts to ring it says unknown number so im like "hello this is courtney" and the other person says "hello this is crystal i have big news for you so you better sit down." theres warning bells going off inside my head and im freaking out but i do what she says. "ok im sitting" i reply. "good because theres no easy way to say this" she pauses i forget how to breathe "what!" i say franticly "im so sorry countney but... lisa has cancer..." "no! NO!" im screaming and tears are running down my face but i dont even notice "this this cant be true!" im yelling at the phone at the top of my lungs. the whole world just melts away and im the only thing left and my mind flashes back to the 4th gr, the last time i saw lisa. we were at a private school i was a 4th grader and she was in 6th, we were friends from the start no matter what she was always there for me. when she went onto jr high and i was still at that elementary school it was the last time i saw her and i felt terrible that she had to get cancer for me to talk to her again but i was going to talk to her sooner or later i was. then suddenly crystals voice cut through my day dreaming "hello courtney... courtney you still there!" "what yea, yea. im gonna have to call you back crystal im sorry but i have to talk to lisa right now" and i hung up but not before crystal could add "you wont be able to reach her theyve been in the hospital all day for days..." i accidentally cut her off at the end but it didnt matter i was determined to talk to her. i dialed her number and nothing so i dialed it again and again and still just the ringing tone and the operator. so i decided to call my mom "hey mom its court" i say but its kinda muffled because im trying to hold back the tears. "whats wrong..." mom replies "its its lisa" i say but after i said her name i started crying but tried to stop so i wouldnt worry my mother too much. "what about her?" my mom asks with genuine concern in her voice. "she she has c-c-c-cancer!" i started bawling uncontrolably and i know theres no way i can keep my tears bottled up now. "omigod!" she was just as shocked as i was minus the crying but quickly she adds "you know people get cancer all of the time. and doctors now a days can cure almost anything and lisas i fighter and always has been, if anyone can survive this its her" she tells me hopefully but i can tell shes just as scared as me...

The author's comments:
half of this is true half i made up. the names are all fake the detals are tweaked a little but the main idea is pretty much true. and if you wanna hear the rest of "lisas" story post a comment and ill reply asap:]