Truth | Teen Ink

Truth

By Writin-in-lies BRONZE, Columbia, South Carolina
Writin-in-lies BRONZE, Columbia, South Carolina

“But I don’t want to go to school today.” I yelled at my mother as she tried to shake me out of my bed. “It’s the first day Micheala. You can miss it.” She replied calmly. “I feel sick.” I told her, going to the motion of the shakes that were being pounded on my skin. “Well then, if you still feel bad later on in the day you can go to the nurse.” She said to me. Then I finally listened to her and got out of my bed. My feet were stiff and my head was throbbing. I walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower; Feeling the sharp pinches of hot water on my pale skin hurt. I turned the shower knob down a notch to be a little colder. Then, the sharp pains faded and a warm sensation flowed through my body as a pleasant shower of mild water fell down on my face. I scrubbed my body with dove and washed the bubbles off before taking a step out of the shower. Suddenly my body went cold. I wrapped the towel around me and went back into my room. I shut all the blinds and took the towel off. My arms were bruised from my clumsiness. So I have been managing to wear a hoodie or long sleeve torso each day for the last year. I took a 5 second stride over to my dresser and pulled out an old blouse that my dad had given me before he abandoned me and my mother. It was a light purple and had flowers on the neck line. I called it my lucky shirt and today I needed all the luck I could receive. As I said earlier I always wear a hoodie to cover the blue/purple bruises on my forearms. I went over to my closet and un-hung my white hoodie my mom had gotten me from Jcpenny’s 2 years back. Then I also un-hung a normal pair of flare jeans that were lightly ripped and pulled them on. I walked back to the dresser and opened the top revealing a hidden mirror. I picked up the brush and combed through my thin blond hair with ease. I pranced down the hall and took short steps down the stairs. I tooked slow skips to the kitchen and poured Cocoa puffs into a blue porcelain bowl that I had gotten out of the dish washer. As the small puffs of choclate sliding down my throught making my hunger disapear. It took about five minutes to finish the cereal. After that I said goodbye to my mother and grabbed my backpack. I took my key off the rack and started out the door. The bus stop I went to last year was 2 blocks down. This was because this stop sign was the closest stop sign to my house. I walked unsteadly to the stop. When I got there people were piled up on the bench next to the sign. I stood beside them. They looked at me as though I was a ghost. A couple minutes after ghostly stares the bus stopped at the bus stop. I climbed in sitting next to my friend from last year. “Hi Veronica.” I told her. “Hi Micheala, you don’t look so good.” She replied. “I know. I don’t feel so good either.” When we got to the school something in my head went black. I Everything that was seen through my eyes turned blue. I had fainted.

First chapter of my new novel.