death by the second | Teen Ink

death by the second

By brenda15 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
brenda15 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

you wont go anywhere unless you try. anything is possible.

I was looking at a sea of dead faces. Faces that were not speaking just motionless under the sunny day. The faces of a person when they have lost someone. I didn’t know what to make of this. I didn’t know how to react. Emma. My best friend who was now dead. I always told her to never let go. Now looking at all the zombies who were once people but have now taken the replacement of zombies I wonder. I wonder where all the happiness went. It was a depressing day it happened…
I wandered through the halls absentmindedly ignoring all the people who seemed to be talking to me. I opened my locker and found Emma’s picture hanging on the door. I looked at it for a long time before shoving it under my chemistry book. “Why the hell did you have to die?” I muttered depressingly. Ms. Evely my world lit teacher was passing by me and touched my shoulder lightly “im so sorry Avery” she said very sadly. Sorry? I wanted to ask. It’s the only thing people have been saying to me and it was starting to get annoying. I shut my locker in her surprised face. I went through all my classes like a normal person except a normal person doesn’t have a broken heart. I didn’t know how to feel. Sad? I’ve had my shares of sadness. Depressed? I would have already shot myself. No. there’s no words to express how I feel right now. Nothing at all. But as I look beyond the clouds I can almost feel you. My teacher Mr. James says as I’m walking out his class “are you okay Avery?” he asks. “I’m more than okay” I say without looking back. I’m happy. And for a second I can actually say it without lying to myself.

i hope people will see that when you lose someone its always good to let go even if you dont want to.i wrote this story to let you know how it feels to lose someone.

brenda15 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

thanks:) im glad you like it!

musiclover94 GOLD, Springboro, Ohio

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

Holy Cow!!!! This is so amazing! I'm lucky enough to not have lost my best friend but those are the words i would choose to describe how it would feel. You make me appreciate her!

haha. Your welcome.

brenda15 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

thanks so much!! i will!!

MeganAnne PLATINUM, Niskayuna, New York

All my life I've looked at words as if I were seeing them for the first time. ~Ernest Hemingway

Oh my gosh. This was beautiful. Keep it up girl, and keep smiling.