1 Sentence | Teen Ink

1 Sentence

May 5, 2009
By maci. SILVER, Chickasha, Oklahoma
maci. SILVER, Chickasha, Oklahoma
5 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.


You tell me that three letter sentence in that deep voice of your’s. That four letter word melts me into pieces. I mumble the same to you using what is left of my common sense and voice. You wrap your arms around my waist and press you soft, warm, and comforting lips to my own. I have no concerns, as far as I’m concerned I have the world right now.


The next day you barely look at me. I tell you ‘good morning’ and you nod your head and keep going. I sit by you at lunch as usual but you only talk to your friends then go to the weight room quickly. The hallway passing’s are the same. Everyone looks at me with questions crowding their eyes. I only keep my head held high, being sure not to meet the eyes of the other students. Finally the school day is at an end.


My phone buzzes in my pocket as I walk towards my house. I pull it out to see that I have received a message from you. ‘I’m sorry but I don’t want to be with you anymore.’ I shove the phone in my pocket and hurry in the direction of my destination. Hoping it would all go away if I only hurried to the house. The tears began to come gradually down my cheeks. The words I had said and meant so much repeat in my head again and again. You had your arms around me as we laid under the moon and stars staring up. You whispered in my ear gently, “I love you. I have no idea what I would do with out you.” I had believed you, smiled deeply, and replied, “I would die without you.” Now I didn’t have you, you were gone. Like a band aide ripped off revealing a wound that hadn’t had time to heal. I heard a sudden horn and didn’t have time to look up as the sudden impact crushed my body. The breath left me swiftly then returned and repeated this pattern until I lost conciseness.



I woke up to my mother, father, and you standing over me. I smiled to the best of my ability at you then stopped as the main surged through me once again. You whisper in my ear, “Don’t leave me I don’t know how to function with you gone.” I shake my head slightly and whispered with a hoarse voice, “You didn’t want me anymore. I lost you.” You shake your head and say, “No that was Kyler. I would never.” I smile then my body sends me into convulsions and I black out again.


This time I wake up, only I don’t wake up completely. I see my body below along with my family and yourself. I see the nurses put a white sheet over my body silently as you and my family cry. I try to wake myself up then I realize I can’t. Then it dawns on me. I will never return and wake up. I’m dead. The words I had spoken had actually come true. “I would die without you.” The words keep on repeating over and over. Horror consumes me as I realize you will never hold me, I will never be able to feel the soft touch of your lips against my own, and never be able to tell you I love you. What am I to do now? Forever walking around in horror and sorrow. I don’t know the unfinished business of which I was condemned by. Never say I would die without you. You never know just how true those few words will be one day…