Worst year but the best day ever | Teen Ink

Worst year but the best day ever

“Good morning and welcome to your last day of school,” said the principal. “I can’t wait to get out of school,” I said to Sammy. Hi I’m Mia I am in sixth grade and it’s the last day of school and I can’t wait to get out. This year was the WORST! All of the teachers hate us and can’t wait for us to leave. “Yeah, same” Sammy replied. I went to science, math, English, and social studies today and the day is finally over. “Hey, I invited a few people in our grade to a swimming party at my house and I was wondering if you wanted to come too. If you do you can just pop in” Brayden said. “OMG! Was that just THE Brayden Smith!” Sammy exclaimed. “Yes, and I’m shaking because he asked me to come to the swim party at his house” I squealed. “You are going,” Sammy said “Omg no I am way to shy,” I protested “Yes you are I am making you,” Sammy said. Just to let you all know what is going on, the CUTEST boy in my grade just asked me to go to his house for a swimming party. I have had a crush on him for three years and this is the first time that he has ever talked to me. “Ok fine, I’ll go.” I finally replied. It’s three days later, and the day of the swim party. Sammy and I are at the mall trying to sop for the cutest swimsuit so I don’t stand out too much but also to not look like a complete baby. We looked through what felt like one hundred swimsuits and finally found the perfect one. A navy blue bikini with ruffles at the top. “Now time for something to wear over it,” Sammy said. “Is this all that necessary” I complained. “YES!” She replied. We went into a different store and I accidentally ran into somebody. “Oh I’m so sorry, let me help you up,” It was Brayden. “Oh thank you so much I’m sorry,” I said, blushing once I realized who I just ran into. “So are you coming to the party tonight?” Brayden asked. “YES...Um, I..I mean Yeah.” I stuttered. “Ok I’ll see you tonight,” Brayden said as he walked away, “I can’t wait” I replied. When I got home Sammy came over to help me get ready. Once we were done, my mom and Sammy drove me to his house for the party. I went in and everybody there started laughing at me and pointing at me when I walked in. I went up to Brayden and asked,” Why is everyone laughing and pointing at me”, “Did you seriously think that I would invite YOU to MY party,” he laughed at me. I started to walk out but then I stopped. “You people make me sick. Is it really fun for yall to make fun of me or do it just to be popular? I want everyone to think about that” then I walked off. The next day Sammy walked into my house and said, “I’m proud of you”, “Why?” I asked. Then she showed me a video of what had happened last night. “It blew up, super-popular” Wow I said to myself. The next year I was treated way better and was not afraid to stand up for myself. Brayden was no longer the popular one at our school, it was me.

This piece I think relates to anyone dealing with this problem, and it teaches people to stand up for themselves.