The Decision of Revenge | Teen Ink

The Decision of Revenge

It was September 16, 2019, when Joseph Rendart lost his sister.. With fire in his eyes, burning like his former house, he knew  that he would have to kill Carolina himself. I’ll get you someday, you know, he said, that flame in his voice rising higher with each word.

Sweetie, will you be with me more often?, his wife said. No, he said sarcastically, no I will not. 

Then why did you fall in love with me? You’re around like there is a SWAT crisis, she said. But she was suddenly cut off by sirens and a black SWAT transport pulling up on the police garage. He pulled out an M16A4, checking the magazine. He smiled, and hopped into the van. 

Hey, Jacob, said Yoshifian, his SWAT commander,how’s your wife? 

She’s good, I think, he said with a chuckle, I honestly don’t know. She’s a bit upset at the moment. So to what do we owe this event?

There was a problem at the site of  this church, he said, A SWAT team was deployed but they need backup. We were deployed. Let’s go!! And they drove When they reached the church, Jacob knew it was bad. There were corpses strewn about like broken puppets, and there was the sound of gunshots. He entered the room, with the stained and shattered glass, blood seeping through the pew. He turned, and there she was. His ex-wife. The shooter. Carolina was here at last, in his reach.

And then? Said the boy. You know, I’m not sure. Your father never said how it ended. He just said something about nearly being shot at, but that would be it. 

Huh. I wonder what happened there, said the boy. What should I do? I really want to know. 

Google it.

This was a set pice I wrote for school.