A Tree's Cycle | Teen Ink

A Tree's Cycle

By Prerana0506 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Prerana0506 BRONZE, Cupertino, California

October time, the time when nature changes. We’d just notice this thing. We all ignored it and took it for granted. It lets us breathe and live our lives. Recently it has been slowly changing its wardrobe. Swaps out its bright green summery outfits for orange, red, and yellow look. Through autumn time, the orange and red slowly bleeds through the bright green. Which gives the uniform dashes of color, so vibrant. Later on when the winds change to cold and the animals hideaway. The leaves fall to the ground, not keeping it warm through this dreadfully cold yet somehow merry season. All the trees look dead and depressed, similar to the ones that light up our house. We cut down trees for this time of year, so a creepy man can come in our homes and place presents under a tree. The season then changes again and replaces this leafless life for a blissful one. Trees are filling their branches with flowers and vivid colors. That is a tree's leaf cycle.

For this set piece I was trying to work on using metaphors. I referred to leaves as uniforms or outfits. I liked how I didn’t give away my topic until the end leaving the reader to interpret what it is.