In The Clearing. | Teen Ink

In The Clearing.

August 30, 2019
By Bella_Queen DIAMOND, Plymouth, Ohio
Bella_Queen DIAMOND, Plymouth, Ohio
90 articles 26 photos 79 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.
-Walt Whitman


She loved the feel of the Sunflowers bending, when she raked her hand through them, and then the sharp sting on her hand as they snapped back in place when she released them.

She also liked the smell of rain in the air. 

But she could still feel the sun, it was not hidden yet, and that meant that people were being fooled by the weather. They thought it a perfect day, but of course nothing stays forever, not even the sun. And just like her sight, the sun would soon disappear behind the dark foreboding clouds, and everything would be shrouded in darkness.

She sat down in the grass and listened as the trees swayed from the wind, and the woodpeckers Pecked at the willows. She could also sense the Field Mouse watching her from within the abundance of Sunflowers. 

And then there was the gentle wind on her face, as the birds beat their wings above her.

She smiled, and whistled, immediately her echo responded as clear as day. She whistled once more and her echo responded once again.

She layed back in the grass, and played around with a tune.

The echo was her friend.

This clearing was her home.

And she was the blind princess.