Happy Birthday! | Teen Ink

Happy Birthday!

By Bella_Queen PLATINUM, Brinkhaven, Ohio
Bella_Queen PLATINUM, Brinkhaven, Ohio

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
-Rick Riordan

"Happy Birthday!" I was just waking up when my family burst into the room with a large birthday cake that read "Happy Birthday Emily!" I didn't even have time to react when they all pulled me into a group hug "Okay, okay, can I please breath now?" They all stepped back a few paces to snap a quick photo of me. When they finally left, I had connfetti in my hair, and a birthday cake on my dresser, I rummaged through my things trying to find my purple top, and my black skinny jeans. Finally finding them I threw them on, and tied my hair up in a high pony tail. I was just about to leave my room when the light in my room went off. Puzzled I descended the stairs and entered the kitchen, all the light's where out and my mom was on the phone. "A power outage in the whole town, you're kidding! Yes, I understand you're booked but it's my daughter's birthday!" My mother's face was grim, but when she caught sight of me she smiled "Ok what time can you get here?" My mom left the room her face full of worry. I sighed, so much for birthday breakfast. Claire my sister walked toward me a little wrapped box in her hand "I thought you might like you're present now." She said, I smiled and accepted the little box, I unwrapped it and pulled out an emerald bracelet "Claire I love it!" I put on the bracelet and smiled. I quickly hugged my sister, then ran to show the rest of my family.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare