The Last Day of Happiness - 2 | Teen Ink

The Last Day of Happiness - 2

November 17, 2018
By chlo_heckers BRONZE, Narromine, Other
chlo_heckers BRONZE, Narromine, Other
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When you left, I wanted to die. That made me stronger, now I want to live more than ever" - Myself


Her thoughts surrounded her, pushed her into a corner and tormented her. It had been nine years since her parents died, leaving her stuck in a hell hole filled with uptight, typical teenagers and snotty children. The next Tuesday was when hells gates would open, allowing her to be free. Heaven stared out the window. The stars, billions of miles away, shone like spotlights. The moon, acting as a beam of light that shone directly through the window and into the cramped space she shared with five other girls. Her long, dark brown hair swayed in the midnight breeze. She had grown into a beautiful young woman, eager to explore the world and all of its exciting thrills and adventures. Her mothers silver locket hung perfectly around her neck where she occasionally touched it, paranoid that it would suddenly disappear and leave her all alone. It was all she had left of her mother, her best friend. The memories of her parents comforted her, the only things that had kept her sane and gotten her through all of the years in this run-down orphanage. She was ready to leave, and as every second passed, she became more anxious to leave and forget.


The author's comments:

I've decided to make this a 'series'. Short continuations of her life. This is set nine years later, a week before she turns eighteen and is legally allowed to leave the orphanage.