The Open Window | Teen Ink

The Open Window

By Sania_Shah BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Sania_Shah BRONZE, Cupertino, California

She opened her window then removed the net and automatically felt the breeze of the cold, hard wind against her skin. She loved that feeling. The feeling of being free. She slowly put her feet through her open window and climbed on to the roof. It was hard to balance at first since the roof was slanted, but she soon got the hang of it. She moved around her roof, getting used to the rough hard texture under her feet. She climbed to the highest part of the roof. It was exhilarating, the feeling of being on top of the world. She wasn’t scared of falling off, enfact she was thrilled of the view and the feeling. She took out her phone and started to take pictures she never wanted to forget this experience. She sat down on the roof and watched the sunset go from blue, to pinkish orange, to navy blue, she watched the glistening stars in the sky, and the hazy moon, it was a sight she knew she would remember forever, and it was that feeling and thought that made her smile. It had been long time since she had a sincere smile, yet this did it for her. She had always wanted an adventure, and this was like one. She didn’t want the adventure of going through life, but the adventure of being free, and taking risks, and not being judged, she wanted to do whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted. Everyday she would climb through her window sit on the roof and watch the view, she would think about life, finish her homework, listen to music, and mostly she danced. She would wear headphones and dance to the rhythm, on the roof, it let her experience how to dance freely with no limits or judging. She felt the pain of the rough roof on her bare feet but she didn’t care, she twirled, and leaped and jumped over and over again, she was finally free she kept saying to herself, she was finally free...

Hi, so I submitted this piece because I wanted to see how people would react to it, and I also wanted to see if I could actually have the potential to be published. 

TrashDash said...
on Nov. 9 2018 at 5:29 pm
TrashDash, Cupertino, California
Good Job!

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare