Special Agent: Sanders | Teen Ink

Special Agent: Sanders

June 15, 2016
By iosuoha BRONZE, Everett, Washington
iosuoha BRONZE, Everett, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

PART I: The Departure

Episode 1: Call to Adventure

US Senator Sanders is getting ready to leave for his favorite job. Before he leaves however, he flips on the TV to watch the news before he heads out. As he watches he has scrambled eggs, sausage, and a small bowl of raisin bran. Of course it's pretty hard to turn on the TV and not see something about the presidential campaign.

“Look at this hooligan! Who does Trump think he is anyway? See this is what is wrong with America, did you know people are actually voting for this guy?”
He sat for a moment crossed one leg over the other with his head rested against his hand.

“Well hon, why don’t you just run?,” Mary Jane chimed.

Episode 2: Refusal of The Call

He exclaimed, “Only in my dreams Jane, the people don’t want a president like
me, they want someone that's going to promise them that all of their problems will be solved! They-they want someone who's gonna lower their taxes and make everything free! And that’s impossible, but the people don’t want to hear that!”

There was a slight pause, she stood up and walked to her husband and replied,
“... No, I think you could do this, look how much you have changed the lives of the people of our city. Burlington is such a nice, developed community.
Jane started to clench her fist and continued,
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, at least give them a chance to hear what you have to say, the world deserves to know who Bernie Sanders is!” 

“Ok so lets say I start running for president, you saw him slamming Hillary just now, right? His behavior is so childish, he doesn’t care for anybody other than himself! Someone needs to put that brat in his place! This presidential campaign is so toxic, I don’t think that’s something I would be interested in.”

“You could be the one to put him in his place, Bernie!”

The Senator stood up, and took a look at his watch,
“Look honey, you know what I will think about it, but I have about 10 minutes before I’m not going to be 15 minutes early, you know I like to be early!”

The two kissed goodbye and the senator picked up his briefcase and headed out the door.

Episode 3: Supernatural Aid

Mr. Sanders made his way down the steps of his DC home on Capitol Hill and began his walk to the Capitol building. On his walk he repeatedly asked himself if he could really be the next president of the United States. After a long day of work he came home, had dinner with his wife, and sat down in his study reflecting on this big decision to make, wishing to seek guidance with his father, although deceased. That night he was visited in a dream by none other than his father.

“Father, I am faced with a serious predicament, I wish to run for President, I want to help the people. I want to rebuild america for the better good, there are people who beg on the streets everyday, it's sad, depressing, and downright shameful that there is more than enough wealth to go around, but it rests in the hands of a small percentage of people who seem to have all the power in the world.”

His father replied, “Son, I believe you can be anything that you wish. If seeking presidency is what you wish, so be it. However, if you become this corrupt, money hungry scum that you hate so much, all my years of parenting would have gone to waste.”

Episode 4: Crossing The First Threshold

His father stressed that he not forget about who he is, where he came from, and what his morals were. His father then granted him a traditional Jewish blessing and that was the end of the dream. So there it was the Senator set his sights on being president, his fears and inhibitions had seamlessly vanished. The next day he woke and let Jane know of the dream he had last night. And that he made the decision to begin his race for the United States presidency.

Episode 5: The Belly of The Whale

A couple of weeks had gone by so news of the Senator's campaign had spread. Interviews with several news stations had been scheduled and aired on TV. Mary Jane had headed out on a mission trip to the American Samoa Soon. Supporters came pouring into rallies and speeches; everybody had loved Bernie Sanders. Support was pouring in but yet no donors. Actually there were donors, but a large sum of donors were from companies that didn’t represent his image. The Senator was very careful about his campaign image and wanted to keep it consistent with his core values. Nevertheless he kept on with his campaign, and didn’t let this bother him, as Bernie was quite a frugal man, and he was sufficient with the donations he had already received. However, unbeknownst to him, this would just be smooth sailing compared to how the campaign changes later in the story.

PART II: The Initiation
Episode 6: The Road of Trials

His first rally took place in Phoenix, AZ and it was highly anticipated. Every news station had a correspondent in attendance. He discussed his plans for his campaign, views on education, immigration, and taxes. The rally went well and there were no problems at first. However, as the rallies had gone on, each place he had traveled there were small, at first, unnoticable amounts of Trump supporters attempting to disturb his rallies. They acted as Jehovah's witnesses, trying to convert the Senator's supporters to support Trump. However as time had went on, their numbers had grown larger and larger. Of course this all lead to blaming Trump for the issue. They even started to encroach on Hillary clinton’s rallies and meetups, she didn’t take it as well as Bernie did though. However time and time again he dismissed the claims. There was one memorable interview he had with CNN.

“So, Mr. Trump, it’s pretty hard to believe that you are not to blame for near riots happening at Bernie Sanders’ and Hillary Clinton Rallies.” the news reporter said.

“Me??? I would never stoop so low as to pay people to terrorize my opponents rallies! Why, the people must love me so much, this is all their doing.” Trump replied and then finished with a sinister cackle.

“First I would like to say, even though you have supporters, you do know that there are people who would rather see you dead and move to Canada rather than have you as president? And second, I never made any mention of you paying these individuals off. Don’t you think that is a bit, I don’t know, incriminating?” the reporter finished in a skeptical tone.
There was a pause, everyone in the news studio got to thinking. This man has so much money, it would be nothing to pay people off right? Then Trump broke the pause.
“That's absurd! You know when you’re so successful, people just can’t let you be happy, it is what is! People will always be jealous and that’s just something I’ll have to live with!
It’s almost as if you could hear the millions of people tuned in rolling their eyes in unison.
“Well you’ve heard it here first folks, Mr. Trump cannot be blamed for the actions of his obviously passionate, supporters. What a story we had today, have good day everyone, be safe.”

As the Senator sat in his chair in disbelief, he was really doubting himself.
“You know, I bet that New Yorker would do something like that. He’s a disgrace to the entire state.

Episode 7: The Meeting With The Goddess

It was a rather plain Saturday night and it was time for Bernie to meet and pick up his wife at the airport. It had been about three months since she had left for Samoa, but of course she sent blessings his way anytime he was on the news. He arrived to the Reagan National Airport, early as always. He stood at his wife’s gate eagerly waiting for her arrival with flowers in hand. He had missed his wife dearly and his wife had missed him as well. The plane had arrived at 8:50pm, five minutes earlier than he had expected, which made him even more happy. His wife happened to be the first person off of the plane and so he happily greeted her and presented her with flowers. The ride home was filled with laughter and Bernie filled with amazement as she told him of all the wonderful stories of the days she spent with the wonderful, and warm people of Samoa. However, during the car ride there was something a little off about Mary Jane. Something that she wasn’t telling her husband. When the couple finally arrived home and settled in their estate, that's when it came out. She expressed her feelings about being away from her husband for so long.

“Bernie, you know between me being gone on this mission trip for three months and your campaign, we haven’t spent any time together. You didn't even get to visit me once like you said you would.”

Episode 8: Temptation Away From The True Path

“You know I would have left in an instant if I got the chance to. I love you very much but, running for president is a lot busier than I ever imagined it to be. Between dealing with Trump’s shenanigans and trying to secure votes and donations for my campaign, I’m completely swamped. I haven’t even gotten to go to the grocery store! Someone has to do it for me. And rarely do I get to make my breakfast for myself. It has even gotten to the point where, I have to eat fast food! You know my system doesn’t take to that garbage very lightly. All of this coupled with still being a Senator. I’m terribly sorry, how can I make this up to you?”

His wife paused for a brief moment and replied,
“...How about we go on vacation huh? Just the two of us. We haven’t even been on vacation since we got married. Let’s go somewhere secluded where we can spend quality time with each other.”

A great smile grew on his face, and he accepted. Surely a break from his everyday stresses couldn’t hurt him. While it didn’t hurt him, numerous events would ensue in his absence. He didn’t once think about how his father would feel about this. I mean of course not, he’s dead. But… well I’ll save that for later. The couple began packing and left the next night to an undisclosed location.

Early monday morning headlines, news feeds and social media were all exploding with the same horrifying news headlines. Something that has never taken place in US history before, happened and it all seemed too coincidental.

“Good morning America, or possibly not such a good morning America. This just in breaking news, the President and his family are nowhere to be found.”

First it was a few minutes, then several minutes, then and an hour went by, with no sight or trace of them.

“The president and Michelle were scheduled to appear for his last State of the Union address at the Capitol. The first daughters were also not to be found sitting in the dedicated family seating with the their security detail. We will update you with any new details.”

Once again all eyes point to Trump in the apparent kidnapping of the Obama family. Again Trump denies any role in the disappearance of the first family and continues on rather, a little too happily, his campaign taking advantage of the Bernie Sander’s absence. In midst of all the madness another, more local, but rather ridiculous story came out. One of two Arizona locals that bet on the presidential election one of a Jefferey el Honesto and David Malhonnête. Jefferey had bet that if Bernie won, his neighbor would give him a handsome amount of $100,000. He had hoped to use this money to fund his children's education. However, if Trump proved to be the victor, he would lose his house. This is something quite crazy, but Mr. el Honesto was more than confident that Bernie Sanders would be the reigning winner.

Part III: The Return

Episode 9: Refusal of the Return

A month had gone by and it was time for the Senator and his wife to come home. Unplugged from the world the couple was subsequently bombarded with news reporters, journalists and correspondents. The couple couldn’t believe what they heard. It was all too coincidental at this point, Mr. Sanders was convinced that Donald Trump was the culprit. At this point the Senator was fearing for his life, as he could very well be the next victim. He put out a public statement that he would be temporarily suspending his campaign until further notice. This put the entire nation into a frenzy as now Donald Trump would be the only presidential candidate. Some citizens even going to the extent of preparing to move out to nearby countries.

Episode 10: The Magic Flight

In the midst of this, the Honesto family grew very worried. Their Malhonnête neighbors were already planning for what they wanted to do with their property once Trum had won the election. Jeffrey grew desperate, so he decided to visit the senator at the Capitol building. He waited and waited for him to finally head home, so as the senator descended down the steps, he  approached him and explained his situation. The man was clearly broken, sobbing at his feet.

Episode 11: Crossing The Return Threshold

That seemed to be just the push that Bernie needed and so helped the man up, gave him a big hug and told him not to worry. However, not before lightly scolding him for taking such bold action.


Episode 12: The Master of Two Worlds

So he set his sights on bringing Trump to justice. However that night, his father came to him in a dream, unannounced and unexpected. His father expressed that going on a such a long vacation was rather lavish. The two reconciled and he promised him that he would make things right. As soon as they finally got home the Senator turned into to Special Agent Sanders. He did all the research and digging around, he could with the help of his oldest son, and at first lost hope. But then there was a lead. Suddenly he was getting a ping from one of the family member’s phones. He was able to get the IP address down and immediately phoned the CIA. Amazingly, the Senator was just one step in front of them and this was the last piece of information needed. They got their agents plus the swat team together to raid on the location, and save the family. Where was this location you might ask? None other than the Trump Hotel in New York City! Bernie Sander’s and others suspicions had been confirmed and Trump was ultimately arrested. There was an overwhelming amount of evidence during the trial and it was clear that Trump was guilty of not only the kidnapping of the first family but it was also revealed by people who came forward that he paid individuals to cause ruckus at Bernie Sanders riots and recruit others also in exchange for vouchers for stays in his New York Hotel. Now that Trump was now out of the race just before the general election, Jeffrey el Honesto had written a heartfelt letter to Bernie Sanders, thanking him for not giving up. When november came around, there was no other person to vote for than Bernie Sanders himself, so he was the resounding winner of the 2016 Presidential Election.