The Big one | Teen Ink

The Big one

The Big One
They were eating lunch at subway together in which they were having a good conversation about what they were going to do during the weekend and how they would have a great time with her son and his daughter. They all are really close family members and the son always goes and has sports after school and the daughter has swim practice after school also. Friday morning the teens tell their parents that they have to travel for their activities, so the parents changed their plans to the weekend after so that they can still surprise them with what they are going to do. They went and travel with their kids to California from Texas.
On the way there they were not really talking and were sleeping on the way there. The travel teams arrived at the airport in which the parents landed also. The kids went off with their teams and the parents followed. To go support their kids in the sport events so they each go different ways to watch the kids play their sports. After the games the kids go with their teams for a meal and the parents meet up and plan to go out to dinner close to the beach area to have a meal and then they were going to meet at the hotel after they both had dinner but before they could do that a really big earthquake happened with a magnitude of 9.0. The kids went as far as they could away with their teams and got to a really high point in which they weren’t thinking about their parents until they were safe when they said a tsunami coming. They were wondering where they were and tried contacting them but it went straight to voicemail and they were really worried if they died or not and where they were. Both teams went to find some of the parents because some of the kids parents were with them.
After a few months in which they had food and water to drink at Buffalo Wild Wings is the place they eating at with their teams and it was barely missed. The coaches supplied the kids with what they need. The people there were worrying about their families and if they are alive or not. About a few weeks later they found the kids parents dead. They were really upset and found a way to get back home to where the rest of their family was and told them about what happened and how they felt about it. The kids were really hurt and could not stop thinking about what happened and is having a really hard time with everything. They had the funeral for both of them and it just was really hard on the families and friends. They all were  there for each other and they had made it through the things but the parents will always be in their hearts.
They figure out how many people died and how much the damage costed them. The kids did studies on the earthquakes and they found out how long the earthquake was to know that the magnitude was a 9.0 and they realized it lasted 4 minutes. The kids felt better once they knew everything about them and went to college to study more about them and it was very interesting to them in which became the kind of life they wanted to live.

The survivors and casualties that was in a really big earthquake and what happens when you survive it and how they feel afterwards.