Changed | Teen Ink

Changed

May 19, 2015
By Anonymous

In 1955, it was dark , cold and the sidewalks were empty like if it was a ghost town. *Richard walks in the dinner*. ‘’ Hello ma’am” , said Richard . ‘’ Well if it isn’t my favorite costumer around , come on what can I get you today?’’ said Rebecca (the waitress). ‘’The usual Reba”. ‘’okay Richard be back in a second”. Richard always went to the dinner in the morning for a biscuit and some coffee. Richard sat in a booth looking outside the window . ‘’The sidewalks are empty today? I wonder why? Said Richard .’’ Here you go need anything else?” said Rebecca. ‘’ I’m fine Rebecca , thanks”. *Rebecca walked away*. As soon as Richard was done with his breakfast he went home to his wife Maria Mendel.*Richard pulls up in his drive way*, and there was Maria sitting watching butterflies’.’’ Hey honey”, said Richard . ‘’Hello Richard how was your morning”.’’ Good actually , and get ready’’. ‘’Why?”, asked Maria . ‘’ Because were going out to eat’’. ‘’Oh alright” , said Maria. .*As soon as Maria got ready they both got in the car and drove away to a local restaurant. As they head to the restaurant they see something strange. “Honey?” , Maria demented . ‘’Yes dear”, said Richard . ‘’ Why does that sign say whites only?”, asked Maria.’’ Ohm…. that wasn’t there yesterday?” said Richard ?.* As they walk in , they sit in a table and look around and they sit in everyone is staring at them. to be continued.....