Savage | Teen Ink

Savage

December 5, 2014
By mjsd777 BRONZE, Hemet, California
mjsd777 BRONZE, Hemet, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 How long does a single day last? For me everyday has been an eternity. I work myself senseless from dusk till dawn. My entire body is covered with dirt and grime. The creases of my hand are lined with soil. My feet are covered with blisters and cuts. Everyday I wish I could die, that seems like the only way to escape this land called Hell. The only thing stopin' me from doing so, is the thought of leaving my children alone in the home of savages.

 What probably hurts the most out of all this, is that I can't even provide my kids with the basic needs. Heck, I can barely put dinner on the table. I always wonder how life would be if their father was still alive and with us. Could we possibly be somewhere else, with a small cottage to call our own, some land so we can raise some crops maybe a few cattle. Our kids would play in in soft and plush grass, and finding dinner wouldn't be a hassle. We would have beds and a chimney. How nice that would be?  Oh how I wish! We wouldn't have to sleep in a homemade tent on the middles a a dirt and tumble-weed infested terrain. Oh how I wish! Sadly, I am here alone, left to survive next to beasts. I swear to you, once the drought, and now Dust Bowl hit us it seems as if everyone forgot who they were and turned into crazed beast. That's probably the saddest part of all this, there is no one to trust, no one to confide in, cause if you do, you have place yourself in the grasp of a beast.