Declaration Of Independence From Parents | Teen Ink

Declaration Of Independence From Parents

By Matt5983 BRONZE, Fern Park, Florida
Matt5983 BRONZE, Fern Park, Florida

During the course of adolescents, it becomes necessary for teens to “ditch” their parents as to speak. For the parents hypercritical ways start to get old and their constant nagging intolerable, so with all these problems we dare say it is time to separate. 
All teens are created equal and are born with certain alienated rights; such as the right to establish their own curfews, including but not limiting them to the choices of when to come home, how late to talk on the phone till and when to go to bed. They also have the right to prioritize their chores and choose which chores are important or necessary at the time, and disregard the rest. They also have the right to choose whether or not to study, and go to a friend’s house instead of doing homework. They also have the right if they are the oldest sibling to get away with everything and have the main ruling over the youngest’s fate.
The history of the parents of all teens is one with repeated arguments and tyranny, all having to do with the establishment of a dictatorship power the teens. To prove this let facts be submitted to a candid world, that you the parents let us have no more than one soda a day, even on the weekends. That you the parents don’t let nus have ice cream for dinner every night. That you the parents have no mercy when it comes to punishment, for even the smallest of crimes such as disobedience.  That you the parents are just plain old unfair and always take the younger sibling’s side.
We constantly plead for our rights to be met and for you the parents to stop making our lives such a living hell, yet you just respond to our pleading with more and more punishment and we find it incomprehensible that you don’t feel even the tiniest shred of remorse. And on that bombshell it is time to say  adios, goodbye and go away, for we are no longer your teens, we are our own individual teen.  

It was a history assignment

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences