The Dog And The Outdoor Band | Teen Ink

The Dog And The Outdoor Band

By tinyteenie2 GOLD, Alliance, Ohio
tinyteenie2 GOLD, Alliance, Ohio

I was sitting in my living room, watching a television news broadcast. It was about a concert that would take place in a public park located just east of a popular restaurant. The band looked interesting to me. I decided to go to the concert, because it was free (unless you bought merchandise). As I left my house and walked to the public park, a dog came rushing towards me.
Unsure whether it was friendly or not, I went inside the restaurant before it was close to me. Once inside, a waitress asked if the dog belonged to me, and I told her, “No.” She told the manager that a dog was blocking the doors, so he called animal control and the dog was taken away.

Once knowing it was safe to leave the restaurant, I continued on to the public park, and looked for the stage where the band was going to play. I noticed a black-curtained stage erected in the middle of the park with plenty of space around it, and a little concession stand selling merchandise for the concert. I decided to take a closer look at the merchandise and spotted a tee-shirt that I liked. I bought it, then slipped it over my current shirt and then looked for a spot to stand. I wasn’t the type of person to stand too close (because of how loud it would be) but I didn’t want to be too far back, either, so I chose a spot about in the middle towards the back.

Soon, people began to pour into the space surrounding me. This made me feel a bit uneasy. But I really wanted to see the band, so I stayed. The lights on the stage turned a bright sea-blue; they began to move once it became dark, signaling that the concert was about to begin. I peered forward and felt my heart begin to beat a bit faster. Soon, the sound waves from the speakers began to shake the ground a bit. As soon as one band finished, another one took the stage. I stayed until about halfway through the show, when the mosquitoes that had been biting me throughout the concert became too much to handle.

When I reached the park gate, I looked around and noticed the dog that I had seen earlier on a leash in one of the band member’s hands. This made me feel a bit bad since I had pretty much forced them to retrieve their dog from the pound. When the dog spotted me, it tried to run over to me until its owner stopped her and looked at me with a questioning look. I guessed that look meant, “ Why does my dog want to run to you?” I asked myself that question with every step as I walked home that night. “How did that dog know me, and why did it want to come after me?”