Asylum Scares | Teen Ink

Asylum Scares

By Perkins_Sierra BRONZE, Logan, Ohio
Perkins_Sierra BRONZE, Logan, Ohio

~Love All Your Perfect Imperfections~

ASYLUM SCARES

Hello my name is Sidney Sparkers, and this is my last breath. It started as a normal day, but little did I know it would be the worst day of my entire life. It all started when my family and I moved to Athens, Ohio. I will miss New Orleans. We got a new house. It was very modern and updated. My brother Joshua and I went to walk around the neighborhood while we waited on our U-haul. We went past a graveyard and the Ohio University campus. Then in the near distance I saw something, it was tall and looked interesting. We walk up on the building slowly. The sign said ¨Athens Lunatic Asylum.¨ It was a building for insane people that closed in the 1980's. When we got home I researched the asylum. It is suppose to be haunted. One of the stories said that in the early 1900's someone seen the spirit of a women on the cement floor in her own pool of blood. Every Time someone would clean it up, it would always return. I wasn't scared. I don't believe in ghost. I mean who would! When I was later un packing my stuff, I kept remembering that one story. So when I was done I walked back to the asylum. I had to jump the fence because it was locked. Then suddenly, I felt 10 degrees colder. I was a little nervous going in by myself. I walked up to the door, but it was locked. I found another door on the back side of the asylum. This door was unlocked. When I was inside, I kept hearing banging, and tapping. I went to the room where the lady was seen. Lord behold there was the puddle of blood. My heart dropped. I approached the puddle slowly, I took of my jacket and wiped it up. Then I looked away for one second and it was back. That freaked me out! So I backed up slowly and ran out of the room, down the hall to the door, but to my surprise it was locked. I heard a voice then say ‘’Haha it’s locked!’’ Then everything in the place started shaking and things flying every which way! I saw out of the coner of my eye a woman and then she disappeared. The door flew open and I ran all the way home. Once I was home my mom asked where I had been. I lied I said I went to the library. She said okay but to get cleaned up for dinner. I went upstairs to wash up. The water turned to blood and then the bathroom started shaking. I yelled if it was evil... it replied in almost a whisper, Yes I am very. I was screaming and crying, then my mom came into the bathroom and asked what was wrong. Again I lied and said nothing. So I ate, showered, then went to bed. I woke up at 12:12 a.m. because I was sweating like crazy. I also had all kinds of scratch marks on my body! I knew It had to have been something from the asylum., I later went back to the asylum and asked if it would leave me alone. That made it more mad. A week went past with the abuse, I had scratches, bruises and even bite marks. My mom didn’t know anything, until I got scratched on the he forehead. So I had to tell her. She said first thing in the morning that we were going to the hospital , then to get a paranormal investigator. When I woke up I had a fat lip and a bloody nose. we went to the hospital. the doctor told me to but ointment and to take antibiotics. We left then went to the paranormal Investigator’s office. Matt and Lucy are on duty. We told them everything. They were so surprised because they have never heard a story like this one. We all went back to my house to set up the equipment. My family and I all had to stay at a near by hotel. We returned home the next day. The paranormal investigator said the got rid of most of the evil, but that when they were getting voices on tape, Something said “I’ll leave if she leaves.” I look dumbfound like what did it want with me?. The room went silent, no one talked, it was completely silent. All until you hear ‘’Sidney, Sidney I ain’t leaving you!’’ Then the mirror shattered and it started to cut my wrist over and over again. I sit in excruciating pain crying, Scared So many different emotions was going through my head. Then I realize it wasn’t going to leave me alone. The paranormal investigators were totally freaked out...Thats telling you something. they were screaming for it to leave, Yelling in Roman Catholic terms. ‘’Im not leaving until she is dead!’’ said the demon. I've lost a lot on blood… I felt really faint. I started yelling ‘’Call 911...or just kill me now.!’’ then you hear ‘’Okay’’ I collapsed and started having a seizure. I finally passed out. I dreamed that I was okay. That I was happy, but I didn’t know where I was. Thats when I realized I was going in to heaven. Im going to the place no demons can be, Im free, Im so very free. Now I look down on my family. I’m their own protection. The ghost left, But also I left. That was my last day of my life.

I've passed the Athens Lunatic Asylum so many times and I decided to research it and I found it very interasting!