Ghetto Life | Teen Ink

Ghetto Life

By Trever Vaughn BRONZE, Pemberville, Ohio
Trever Vaughn BRONZE, Pemberville, Ohio

Hi, my name is Aaron. I am 8 years old. I have two younger sisters. I live in the ghettos of Germany. Ever since we moved into the ghetto, life has been a struggle for my family. Sometimes there are people trying to steal food and clothes from us. On top of that, I see many people beaten to death in the streets.
The worst thing that happened to me took place the other day. My sisters and I were playing in the upstairs room of the house we have been staying in when three random guys came into our house and grabbed my mother by her hair and ripped her out of the house. Then they started up the stairs to where I was. So I jumped into the closet that was in the bathroom that I found while playing hide and go seek earlier. I stayed in there for what seemed to be the whole day.
After many of hours, when everything seemed quiet, I came out of my hiding spot. When I first got out, I ran into the room my sisters were in and they were gone. So I went outside and to the house next door. There was nobody in there. I went to just about every house in the fenced area and saw nobody.
On the last house on the street I ran into a boy who was about 14 years old. He told me his name was Daniel and that he was hiding under the floor boards when the guys attacked his family and when he came out nobody was there. After that, we decided that we would team up and look out for each other. Everything has gone well since we teamed up and we have been making a plan to sneak out of here and get as far as possible. Until then though we are just going tob look out for each other and stay put here in the ghettos.