The Magical Pill | Teen Ink

The Magical Pill

By Sagar007 BRONZE, Cary, North Carolina
Sagar007 BRONZE, Cary, North Carolina

Life is simple, but we insist on making it complicated. ~ Confucius

With his surgical mask covering his face, he attempted to smile; assuring the young girl everything was going to be okay. He grabbed the scalpel and made a clean precise cut across her stomach; allowing just enough blood out of her body to cover his hands. 56 year old Dr. Müller, an ex Nazi Surgeon was beginning his daily routine of surgery. He had spent many years under Hitler’s regime, and had always had an ache to do something of his own. As he cleanly finished his procedure, he stitched up her body like a tailor would stitch an expensive silk scarf. He took of his mask, cleaned up the blood, and waited for the next patient. Dr. Müller spent day after day doing the same thing every day, but he loved the warm feeling of the blood seeping through his fingers as an organ would beat vivaciously in his hands. It was his passion to cut. Dr. Müller loved nothing more than to cut.
When lunch time came, 12:30 pm, he would close his office door, hang the “closed” sign on the handle and walk across the street to Mr. Bauman’s farm. Every day he would grab four large potatoes, one tomato, two cloves of garlic, and a small onion. Dr. Müller would glace at young Charlie, Mr. Bauman’s oldest son. Charlie would turn his head, look at Dr. Müller shining golden tooth, put the vegetables in the bag, and turn around as if he had not seen anything. Charlie knew what Dr. Müller wanted, and would wait exactly at 12:30 with the vegetables freshly picked and waiting to be sold. Dr. Müller would give Charlie a grandiose tip, and walk off to his home to cook his meal. To Dr. Müller there was something about Charlie that struck his eye; he had felt this feeling many times before. Charlie was genius for a farmer, but he never complained about having such a poor family.

By the time Charlie was 19 Dr. Müller almost 60 and they both were getting anxious for something new. One day, Dr. Müller walked over to Mr. Bauman’s, this time looking for Charlie and not the vegetables. As Charlie walked up to Dr. Müller with his vegetables, Dr. Müller put his hand out to stop him. He grabbed Charlie’s hand, leaned over to his ear, and asked him for something incredible. Something that Charlie had been waiting for his entire life. Charlie dropped the vegetables on the table, grabbed his coat, and followed Dr. Müller quickly across the street. Dr. Müller opened the door, and Charlie followed after him. They both were in the lab and Charlie was more than curious to find out what Dr. Müller was talking about. Before Charlie could ask, Dr. Müller began to speak.
“Charlie, I know you are shocked, but do not be afraid. I've spent many years planning for this day, and it has finally come.”
“I beg your pardon,” Charlie mumbled.
“Look Charlie, all I ask is that you add the finishing touches,” Dr. Müller explained.
“Dr. Sir, I-uh, this isn't my line of work. I’m just a silly farmer boy. What does a man like me know about things like that?” Charlie replied.
“Oh, don’t be so humble Charlie. You a genius and you know it. Now please have a seat.”
As Charlie sat down, he thought about how much his greater his life would be if he could help Dr. Müller, but he thought about home.
“What about Pa, and Ma? Who’s going to take of Grandpa Rupert?” Charlie exclaimed
“Son. May I call you son?”
“Sure”
“Son, this can change everything, your life, my life, everyone’s life. But, I just need to know, are you in our out?”
“Sure, I’ll help you. But, I’m just nervous, you see.”
“No worries, son. No worries”
“You got to put everything into this.”
As days and nights passed, Charlie and Dr. Müller put their blood, sweat, and tears into the masterpiece. Finally, as they finished, they opened the door, only to find a flood of light blind their eyes.
“Are you sure this is going to work?” asked Charlie, shielding his eyes from the light.
“Yes. It has to,” replied Dr. Müller squinting at what seemed like the finished product.
“You ready then?”
“Let’s do it!”
They both grabbed the pink dime sized pill and gulped it down on the count of three. Before they could know it, they had felt the world around them changing into something that was amazing, they were finally reaching what no one has ever done. They could feel the walls turning into liquid, they could see the sky turning to dust, and feel the floors shake wildly underneath them. They felt ever powerful, like superheroes. They were growing wings, and larger muscles. They felt green like Hulk, but looking like Iron Man. They had finally found a cure to the ever aching answer of Aristotle: “Who are we?” They had cured something that was never supposed to be cured. They had found the purpose of life and the meaning of death. They saw the whole universe flash before their eyes. The big bang was happening a million times slower. They were gods.
Today, no one knows what happened to their bodies, or where they went. But, all that is known is that there were two pink pills lying in a pool of blood inside a dark cold room in Dr. Müller office.

This story is about a ex-Nazi Surgeon who finds a young genius farmer to make something magnificent. I attempt to show how anyone can do anything. A young farmer, can work with science to create something amazing. Also, I show that some of the deep philosophical questions can never be solved with just something as simple as a pill. I also attempt to show that drugs should not be a means to enlightenment and ultimate happiness.

SongBird04 said...
on Jun. 11 2013 at 2:46 am
SongBird04, Littleton, Colorado

You've gotta take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad, love what you got and remember what you had. Always forgive but never forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret. People change and things go wrong but always remember life goes on

you're welcome...There's nothing wrong with creepy! haha....it was very interesting and different and i enjoyed reading it! And that makes more sense that it was left for interpretation. Well, good job and thanks for your comment on mine! I appreciate it! :)

Sagar007 BRONZE, Cary, North Carolina

Thank you! 

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Lol I don't really get it but I like it :) good job, very creative. And yeah, it was dark and creepy, but that's your thing ;)

Sagar007 BRONZE, Cary, North Carolina

Thanks for the feedback. I did this style on purpose. It is a mix a differnt genres. The end is supposed to be left for readers interpretation. Enjoy the bliss of life is all I say. 

SongBird04 said...
SongBird04, Littleton, Colorado

Hmmmmm. I'm not sure what to think, honestly. It was a bit confusing and a little creepy at the beginning (since he had a passion for cutting). Also, the end was a little unclear. It was still very creative and insteresting, though! Nice job!