The Sullivan Ballou Letter | Teen Ink

The Sullivan Ballou Letter

By Kirika GOLD, Worcester, Massachusetts
Kirika GOLD, Worcester, Massachusetts

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Dear Sullivan,
i wish you the best of luck. In the midst of battle, please, i beg of you to remember us. Edgar and William wish you to return from the war safely. And we miss you terribly.
As for our love, its ageless and timeless. Even while your gone for war, i miss your warm-hearted nature and your sweet caring smile. i look foward to your return to us. You are my romeo and i am your juliet. Although they both die in the end they die, they proved that love was endless.
Im so proud of you for being noble and brave for the sake of our country. But whenever i think of you at night,my heart aches and it feels as if theres a hole in my heart. Every night, i cry myself to sleep in hope and prayers- to God- that you come home safely.
Please dont part with me yet. If you should-unexpectedly- die in war, i will try my best not to mourn for you too much that i desert Edgar and William.

Your Love In Eternity,

Sarah

it was originally an english assignment but my bff botherd the butts outta me to post it with "corny" words. a.k.a Jordan-tyler Paige Miller from my middle school