Annabell | Teen Ink

Annabell

By CrazyWriter14 SILVER, Durand, Michigan
CrazyWriter14 SILVER, Durand, Michigan

army strong, i hide my true self behind a smile.

ANNABELL AND MY FAMILY

It was night, the year was 1939. I was a German girl in Poland; I hadn’t known what was going on until I heard the sirens and the spokesman on the radio say: “Hitler and his soldiers have invaded Poland”. Hitler and his soldiers had invaded Germany and other nearby countries but I never thought that I would see the day when Poland was invaded. My little sister was Jewish, and I knew she would be scared to death. She was 7 years old and had been adopted. I didn’t know how it would work out. But I knew it would be a tough battle. I got out of bed crossed my room in the dark, and made it to my door. I heard mama and papa talking very quietly in the living room. Mama was short, with brown red hair; papa was short and had basically no hair. They where scared for Annabell and so was I. I was even scared for my whole family and my friends. I had friends that where Jewish and I knew that I might not see them again. I reluctantly walked down the hall to Anna’s room I open the door and looked in. she was sitting up in bed. I knew she didn’t want to be alone. I went over and sat by her on her bed. I put one arm around her and told her everything was going to be fine. I had to put a brave face on for her because I loved her like she was my biological sister.