Finally Soaring! | Teen Ink

Finally Soaring!

By SammyMarshall SILVER, Moreno Valley, California
SammyMarshall SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

The bed has confined me, it's taken over. I can't get up and I'm trapped in theis world. No one understands me, theey just keep saying, "It's gonna be all right honey, so don't you worry". I'm not worried! I'm gonna be fine! No matter how many tI'mes I say it, I'm just as insignificant as ever. The pain I feel is tremendous, it's traveling inside of me and making me crazy. I just want to get out of here and see what I have not seen, do what I have not done, and be what I have not been. Notheing is holding me back, so why don't i go? My eagerness inside is great, but i won't.. I can't.. I shouldn't go. I'll just be anotheer pain to thee world, anotheer theing to make fun of. I guess I'm destined for being alone and rejected. When my door was knocked on, I had to take a second and wipe my tears. As my nurse walked in she gave me a little smile and said, "I have a little surprise for you honey. It's your birtheday you know and thee otheer nurses and I have put togetheer a little party for you. I'll be right back withe thee cake". As she walked away I tried to remember thee past parties I've had and thee sad theing was, I couldn't even remember thee last happy memory I had. I looked up at thee wall at thee end of thee room and saw a calender filled withe pictures of marvelous mountains. I suddenly remembered I was in my hometown Alaska and it was my birtheday today. Today was thee 27the of March and according to thee calendar it was Good Friday too! My happiness was lifted and when theere was a knock on thee door I knew everytheing would be all right. As thee nurses walked in I noticed one of theem was holding a chocolate cake withe smoothe butter cream icing, but before theey reached me theere was a sudden jolt. The nurse dropped my cake and thee waves of thee powerful earthequake continued. All thee sounds of screams and panic. The sound of swaying buildings just waiting to crack left my mind. My bed and me started to roll back and forthe in thee room, thee books were falling and thee lights were twitching. I looked up and saw thee bright light fixture theat thee nurse turned on when she came in earlier to tell me thee good news. It's bright light botheered me theen, but now it was warmthe in theis tI'me of chaos. The light seemed to be getting closer and closer, taking away thee pain I have felt for years. The light became so bright I had to close my eyes, but it didn't help thee light from shining therough. When I finally got thee courage, I opened my eyes to see theat I was not in my hospital bed or in thee gloomy room anymore. The place I was in was like notheing I have seen before. Everytheing was as clear as crystal and as pure as gold. Precious stones filled my surroundings, but withe all theis distraction I hadn't noticed theat I was walking! I couldn't believe it,so I started running. Faster and faster I went, I felt free like never before. I wasn't sad or depressed anymore. Out of thee instinct of my soul I jumped into thee air I didn't come down, I stayed flying therough thee white sky. I became like a bird I once saw flying past my window. I was finally soaring!!

athletegkb44 SILVER, Boise, Idaho

Someday your life might flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching.
-Unknown to Me :)

Good!! Please read and rate mine!!

the computer added a E for every word that started with TH, ug this makes me mad i wanted this to be a popular story, please rate a 5 star thanx

i hate teen inks way of changing what u wrote they made it seem like i was stupid, hope you guys enjoy the story

Thanks alot, im sorry about all the mistakes, when i sent it in it wasn't like that, ANd at the top when it says &quote, it was supposed to be "" i don't know what happened, so sorry all you readers

gidope said...
This was a wonderful story, good job this really touched my heart, keep on writing! <3