The Wrath | Teen Ink

The Wrath

By BrianDunlop PLATINUM, Valley Stream, New York
BrianDunlop PLATINUM, Valley Stream, New York

Ironically, dreams are what drives our reality." - myself

"Storm clouds should be coming soon. Sensing, something evil coming", said the young Native American Brave sitting around a fire in a circle with many Native Americans. "What do you think it could be?", said another Native American. "This is a warning. I haven't seen storm clouds like this since the white man came and enslaved our people and gave us such sickness and ill health", said the Native American chief. "Does this mean the white men are coming, chief?", said one of the Native American braves. "Looks to be that way, we must prepare", said the Native American chief. "But chief, the storm is too much to handle for us to trek and take shelter in some other land. We must stay here and rest until the storm passes through", said a young Native American Brave. "Very well, then, but be aware. Evil is at foot, I can sense it", said the Native American chief. "What should we do?", said a Native American Brave. "Young Brave, we are a tribe that lives in peace and there for, we have the gods on our side and it shows by our plenty harvest we have, so when evil passes by, they will be slain by the gods wrath, snuffing out the heart of evil", said the Native American chief. "Now, we shall rest", continued the Native American chief. The Native American chief then threw sand into the fire, snuffing out the flame. Everyone then got up and walked back to their Teepee's, where they would be spending the night. Before one of the Native American Braves went back to his teepee to go to sleep, the Native American chief grabbed his arm and with a stern look on his face and said these words, "Don't be afraid. Justice will be served" The Native American tribe fell asleep as the storm clouds drew closer into distance.

Under the moon light, a coyote howled on a hill and ran off, far from where the Native American tribe was spending the night.

"You want another whiskey?", said Eric, sitting in the saloon, drinking whiskey and talking to his companion, Richard. "Whiskey? For me, now? No, but, I have something else on my mind, though", said Richard. "What's that?", said Eric. "Gold, that's what and I hear that they have plenty, beyond town", said Richard. "So, when are you planning to go to find the gold?", said Eric. "We can go right now, if you want", said Richard. "Okay, but we better bring some protection with us, since they're plenty of people that would kill for those kind of riches", said Eric. "Yeah, I know. I got a loaded gun and a few sticks of dynamite, so don't worry", said Richard. "Oh okay", said Eric. "Let's go, then", said Richard. Eric and Richard then get up from their chairs and were right about to leave when the bar tender said, "Hey guys, did you pay?" "Yeah, I left the money on the counter", said Eric. "Oh okay", said the bar tender, giving them both a dirty look. Eric and Richard then left the saloon and rode on horseback outside of town.

"I can't go to sleep. I better stay up and protect the tribe", said one of the Native American Braves to himself. The Native American Brave then got up and walked outside his teepee, where he would see another Native American Brave standing next to the formerly lit, camp fire. "What are you doing?", said the Native American Brave. "I couldn't go to sleep because of the chief's talk about the evil coming, so I suppose, I'm standing as guard. How about you?", said the other Native American Brave. "The same", said the Native American Brave. "The storm looks to be coming in closer", said the other Native American Brave.

The two Native American Braves stood guard as the wind started to blow and howl and two white men rode over the horizon on horseback.

"What's that?", said the Native American Brave. "What's what?", said the other Native American Brave. "Look over the horizon", said the Native American Brave. The other Native American Brave looked over the horizon and saw two white men riding on horseback. "White men", said the other Native American Brave. "What should we do?", said the Native American Brave. "I don't know, but they look like they're going to bring trouble. All white men do", said the other Native American Brave.

The two white men on horseback drew closer and closer and out of panic they started throwing rocks at them. The rocks hit the two white men riding on horseback in the chest and nearly in the head.

"What are they doing?", said Eric riding on horseback. "It looks like they are trying to attack us.", said Richard. Richard drew for his gun, but got hit in the head and fell off the horse to his death, while his friend, Eric did the same.

"It looks like we have destroyed the evil", said the Native American Brave. "Yes, the chief will be happy when we tell him that we are the reason why we all survived the night.", said the other Native American Brave. The two Native American Braves then both went back to their teepee's and fell into a worryless sleep.

That night a group of gold hunters slaughtered the tribe while they were asleep. They figured that if they kill them now when they are asleep, that will stop them from getting in their way of gold, not too far from were the tribe was staying.

A rough storm finally came, leaving the gold hunters with no shelter and when the storm cleared, it showed all the gold hunters on the ground, dead, all scalped, but not by the fallen Native American tribe, but by the wrath of the gods.

A story taking place in the old west, pitting cowboys and native americans, in a fight, only to be intervened by the Gods.