The Great Pyramid of GIza | Teen Ink

The Great Pyramid of GIza

The Great Pyramid of Giza

Hello, I am Pharaoh Khufu's pyramid, also known as “The Great Pyramid of Giza”. I am from Giza, Egypt. I have two brothers and three sisters and a pet, named sphinx. No one exactly knows how long I have been alive, I was believed to have been built sometime between 2589 to 2504 BC. it's been so long, I forgot exactly when. When I was first born I was around 430 feet tall, but I have shrunk down some size. The Fourth Dynasty Egyptioan Pharaoh Khufu and his queen were buried in his tomb inside of me in 2566 BC. they each have their own chamber where their own tomb is and with a grand gallery separating them. It is kind of like the stomach on a person, but it’s what I have inside of me. I forgot to mention earlier that I was created out of 2.3 million blocks of Tura limestone from a quarry. I weigh around 500,000 tons of mortar that was used to build me.

I was created for one reason and one reason only, to be a resting place. Like I said earlier, there isn’t much to me. But I am one of the Seven wonders of the world. Many people think I was created by aliens because of how large and heavy I am, but truly I am the only person who knows how i was built. It was a mix of humans and aliens coming together to build me and my siblings. They used the aliens spaceships to bring the blocks up the side of the pyramids but the humans did create the blocks.

I also have countless tattoos that when people come visit me they call them hieroglyphs which is weird, I don't understand.The primary chamber, or the king's chamber, contains the sarcophagus that held Khufu's body, The smaller queen's chamber lies within the pyramid, while another unfinished secondary burial chamber lies underneath the pyramid. These are like my heart and lungs. My life, is kind of crazy.

the great pyramid of giza