A Day at Seattle Grace | Teen Ink

A Day at Seattle Grace

By mbrix-21 BRONZE, Holstein, Iowa
mbrix-21 BRONZE, Holstein, Iowa

“Katie! Katie wake up!” yelled  a very loud demanding voice.
“What mom?” I muttered as I was groaning and rolling over on the bed, or what I thought was the bed.
  “Your pager has been going off, Dr. Bailey needs you NOW!” said that same voice that seemed vaguely familiar.
“What? Who?” I grumbled in a very confused voice. I sat up and looked around at the small dark room. This is not MY room, this room has bunk beds and is very small with white cold walls.
“Come on” said that same annoyed harsh voice. I sat up and looked down at my clothes. These are not the pajamas I had on last night, these are hospital scrubs. I don’t ever remember putting these on or working at a hospital. A cold clammy hand grabbed my arm and lifted me up to a standing position. The stranger opened the door and pushed me out into the white bustling hallway.
“She’s gonna take you off the case if you don’t get in there real soon” grumbled the same person. I turned around and finally looked at the person that woke me from my slumber. My jaw dropped, I knew I recognized the voice from somewhere. Standing in front of me was Cristina Yang, one of the best doctors on my favorite show. How is this even possible, she’s a TV character not a real person.
“Well you better get going before it's too late.” said Cristina, I looked at her in awe as I walked down the white long cold hallway. As I was turning around, I wasn’t looking where I was going as I was still in shock. Next thing I know I was running into someone.
“Woah! Watch where you’re going Katie”, shouted another familiar voice. I shook it off and looked at who I ran into. “Miranda’s looking for you. She seemed agitated and you know how she gets” I didn’t respond as I couldn’t believe who I was looking at, it was Meredith Grey. The very same doctor that the whole show was based on.
“ Yea sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going”, I said trying to make it sound as normal as possible. She smiled at me as she walked passed me and I carefully wandered down the hallway trying not to run into anyone else. As I was going the rest of the way I realized that I didn’t know where I was going. I saw a sign for the nurses station and went the direction that it told me to. I followed the blue hospital signs and finally ended up in front of the desks.
“How may I help you Katie?” said the nurse who looked like she's been there awhile and knows where she's going.
“ Yea, do you happen to know where i’m supposed to be right now”, I said nervously hoping she can tell me where to go. She started clicking on her computer and started scrolling.
“Yes, you're supposed to be in surgery right now with Dr. Bailey.” she said as she drifted off as if she's confused that I was asking.
“Do you happen to know where that is?”, I asked with a hopeful smile. She nodded and smiled as she got up from her cushioned computer chair.
“Just follow me dear”, said the old nice nurse. She started walking and I followed after her like a little lost puppy. 5 min passed and we finally ended up in the surgery wing of the big hospital. She showed me to the surgery room and helped me get in my surgery attire.
“There you go, all set!”she smiled. I smiled and thanked her as she walked out. I opened the door to where they were doing surgery. They all turned and all gave me looks of remorse. The last person to turn around was Dr. Bailey herself. Her face is red with anger and shes shooting daggers at me.
“Where were you?!”she barked with an angry expression. I stared at her as I thought of what to say.
“Sorry, I fell asleep and I must not of heard my pager”,I spoke. It was the quickest thing I thought of. She seemed to understand, like this always happens.
“Don’t be late again.” she snarled in a warning and threatening tone. I nodded my head and she started to start the surgery. I stood in the corner of the room watching because I had no clue what was going on. Half an hour later the surgery was done, and as I was walking out of the surgery room I saw myself in the mirror. I did not look the way I was when I went to sleep the night before, I look older with my same features. My brown curly hair is in a messy bun and my green eyes had dark bags under them. I look like I haven’t slept in weeks.
“Katie! You coming?”said another voice which I recognized instantly. I looked up and saw just who I thought it was, Alex Karev. The whole Greys Anatomy gang was standing around him looking at me.
“Ya, where are we going?” I asked, not exactly sure why I was going with them. They all looked at each other and laughed.
“Were going out for supper at our usual place.” he said.
“I’ll be fine, I’ll just go home and have something there.” I said but i’m not exactly sure where I live.
“Ok, your loss. I’ll see you later,” he smiled and walked out the door. I walked out too and looked around trying to find a sign for the room that I woke up in.  I walked around the Seattle hospital for while trying to track my steps back to where I started. After awhile I came across the room, I looked at the clock on the wall and it read 9:37 P.M. I hesitated as I pushed open the door and when I walked in it wasn’t the room I woke up in. It was my room the very same one that I went to bed in the very night before. I walked in and shut the door behind me hoping that being in that world was just a dream. I looked at myself in the mirror on my closet door. I was back in the same clothes that I went to bed in, and I was back to my usual self. THUMP.
“Mom?” I yelled, hoping that she’s home, but no one answered.

We had to write a narritave story on either zombies or a day in the life of our favorite movie, TV show, novel, etc. I chose Greys Anatomy for my story.