MLP- A Parallel World: Crazy Adventures | Teen Ink

MLP- A Parallel World: Crazy Adventures

April 12, 2017
By Anonymous

In a land, far far away, lies the land of Equestria.  A peaceful land where ponies from, Earth to Pegasi live in harmony together.  Equestria is a fantastic place, but over a thousand years ago there was chaos around every corner.  From Discord, an draconequus, who is the king of chaos, to King Sombra, who was the evil unicorn king of the Crystal Empire, who enslaved his own subjects.  Destruction was spreading everywhere.  When Discord came into rule, everything went downhill.  From cotton-candy, chocolate milk raining clouds to multi-colored checkered grass hills.  Ponies didn't know what to do.  When everything was thought to be lost was when the two alicorn sisters appeared to defeat Discord. 


One alicorn is tall, with bright pale pinkish white fur and purplish-pinkish eyes, stood at the bottom of the hill where Discord’s throne was sitting.  She has a flowing multi-colored mane and tail that consists of blue, mint green, a light indigo, and pink.  Her golden crown stood tall upon her head, along with her crown is a golden necklace with swirl designs and they both have an amethyst in the middle.  She wore golden shoes that fit her huge hooves.  Her cutie mark was a golden sun which meant that she rose and set the sun everyday.
She was the oldest sister. 


The other alicorn was about half the height of the tall one, she looked the opposite of bright.  She was a dark bluish purple alicorn with bluish teal eyes and wore pale blue eyeshadow.  She too, had a flowing mane and tail that is the color of the sparkling night sky.  She wore a black tiara that shimmers along with her necklace that has a crescent moon on it.  Her bluish grey slippers were dazzling and stood out from the different checkered patterned grass hill, that Discord’s throne along with Discord was toward the top.  Her cutie mark was a black smudge with a crescent moon, which means she rose and set the moon.


They used what is called, the Elements of Harmony against Discord turning him to stone.  And with that they defeated the many villains that came their way.  The ponies thought they were like goddesses.  And that the older sister was worshipped more because of her day than her sister with her night.  As time went by the older sister made the younger one jealous of her day.  She was so jealous of her sister that one day she had enough.  And so she rose the moon in the middle of the afternoon, at the highest peak in the sky.  Forming an eclipse.

 

She was circled with evil magical energy after the deed was done.  Her midnight blue hair went wild, her necklace, shoes and tiara melted into armor, helmet, collar and armored shoes, her fur drooled into a midnight black coat.  Her eyes formed wild cat-like iris’, her teeth sharpened into fangs.


She transformed into, Nightmare Moon!  She cackled,


“The night will last, FOREVER!  Hahahahahahahahahaha!”


Her sister tried to convince her to lower the moon and that it was her duty, but it was pointless.  Nightmare Moon attacked her with a blast of magic.  The sister jumped toward the dark, sparkly sky to escape and to find the elements.  She flew her fastest to get to them, while Nightmare Moon was chasing after her, using her magic destroying obstacles in her way.  Then Nightmare Moon injured her sister with a powerful blast.  The sister fell, crashing into a throne room with Nightmare Moon cackling in the dimly lit sky.  With the strength that the sister had left, she revealed the Elements of Harmony from underneath the floor.  The elements consist of  Generosity, Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, and Loyalty.  Then rose from the stone in the middle of it all was the sixth element, Magic.  She rose to the sky, with the elements circling around her with a rainbow ring that made her glow bright, almost like a star.


Nightmare Moon was ready to fight her sister with all she had, While her sister, crying, readied the elements to defeat her.  Then magic zapped and blasted towards each other and as the battle started it ended with the Elements of Harmony overpowering Nightmare Moon.  Her sister thought it would cure her, but instead the elements vanquished her to the moon itself.  She was devastated with the result and knew that she couldn’t use the elements anymore.  So soon after she moved far away from their old castle, which is now called The Castle of the Two Sisters that is located in the Everfree forest.  And no pony goes into the Everfree forest.  Any way, she built and founded Canterlot.


Even though she went through years of grief and sadness she had to be strong for her subjects and she had to rise and also set both the sun and the moon.  Over the years she created a school for talented unicorns with powerful magic.  She also had a pupil, or former pupil, Sunset Shimmer.  But we’ll talk about her later, then the princess found another pupil years after that, which is me, Twilight Sparkle.  She made me her pupil right out the exam that I thought I failed to get into the magic school for talented unicorns as a filly.  And that is also how I got Spike, my dragon.


~
Ever since I traveled to Ponyville for the Summer Sun celebration on the longest day of the thousandth year, I made new friends that I didn’t even know I made.  They helped me find the Elements of Harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon once again.


By the way, me and my friends went to the Everfree forest to find the elements after Nightmare Moon’s return.  Before the defeat of the villainous Nightmare Moon, I explained the “spark” of the magic of friendship, I also explained that my friends and I made it through all the tasks that she threw at us. I realized that my friends and I were the spirits of the elements.  The elements formed necklaces for my friends, Rarity who was Generosity, Applejack who was Honesty, Pinkie Pie who was Laughter, Fluttershy who was Kindness, and Rainbow Dash who was Loyalty, after they were used.  My element, Magic, formed a tiara like headpiece on my head, after everypony were gazing at their necklaces which were the elements, Applejack said,
“Gee, Twilight I thought you were spouting a lot of hooey, but I reckon’ that we really do represent the Elements of Friendship.” then the voice of the princess said,


“Indeed you do.” Then she appeared out of the rising sun.  Everypony bowed to the princess.
“Princess Celestia!” I said excitedly.  That’s right, the sister I have been talking about was Princess Celestia the whole time. 
“Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student.  I knew you could do it,”
“But you told me it was all an old ponies tale,”
“I told you that you needed friends, nothing more.  I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon’s return, and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her.  But you could not unleash it until you let true friendship into your heart.”  I looked at my new friends with a smile on my face when Celestia turned to the fallen Nightmare Moon, who was probably a fallen alicorn who tried to take over Equestria from some point in the thousand years.  She was a dark blueish purple furred and feathered alicorn, with short, light blue hair, and pale blue eyeshadow.
“Now if only another will as well.  Princess Luna,” She blinked open her eyes with Celestia walking towards her.
“It has been a thousand years since I have seen you like this.  It’s time to put our differences behind us.  We were meant to rule together little sister,”


“SISTER!” we yelled, shocked. Celestia spoke again asking,
“Will you accept my friendship?” we leaned in closer to hear Luna’s answer, Pinkie fell over for leaning to “far”.  All of a sudden she sprung onto Celestia and said in a sorrowful, regretful young voice,


“I’m so sorry, I missed you big sister!”
“I missed you too,” replied Celestia, tears running down their faces.  But Pinkie over exaggerated the crying a little bit.  Then she asked shouting,


“You know what this calls for?  A PARTY!”


To get back on track, we fought many other villains who returned, Discord, Chrysalis, she is a changeling and is queen of the changelings, Sombra, and also Tirek, an evil centaur, to name a few. We had to reform Discord, so that was a thing.  In the end of it all, I became an alicorn.  I even went to another world to get my crown back from Sunset Shimmer.  Went there again to help them defeat the Sirens, with for some reason music.  Then after a while we were going after Starlight Glimmer, who was a unicorn that took cutie marks so she would make them all equal.  After that we, when I mean by “we” I mean me and Spike were forced to go back and forth through time because Starlight stole a spell Starswirl the Bearded wrote for time travel.  Just to go back to where Rainbow Dash did the Sonic Rainboom that connected our cutie marks and our unknown friendship.  I explained to Starlight that friendship isn’t forced, it’s earned.  I finally reformed her and went back to our own time.
A long while later for about almost a year was when Queen Chrysalis returned again.  To be honest I didn’t know what happened but the next thing I know is that Queen Chrysalis is really angry that her own subjects turned against her.  Starlight tried to tell Chrysalis to join us instead of running away plotting revenge, like she did.  Chrysalis flew off with her insect wings making a buzzing noise.


~


With Chrysalis gone and not knowing where she is or when she is going to strike, we moved on from there with our lives.  Flurry Heart is growing up almost as fast a regular filly and colt her “age”.  Flurry is my niece, her parents are my unicorn brother, Shining Armor and his alicorn wife, also my old foal sitter, Cadence.
To get back on track, every story has a beginning, a middle and an end.But this story is never going to end, because the story has only just begun.   

 

Chapter One
This Story Is Just Beginning

Shining is a white unicorn with pale blue eyes and dark blue hair.  Eyes and fur color from our mother, Twilight Velvet, and hair color from our father, Nightlight.  His cutie mark is a 6 pointed, hot pink star on a dark blue shield, with three light blue stars on the top.  Cadence is a pink alicorn, her wings were tipped purple, with long purple, hot pink, and yellow hair.  Her eyes are a beautiful shade of purple and she is wearing a golden yellow necklace, shoes and tiara.  Her tiara has a round gemstone on the very top and a amethyst in the middle.  Her cutie mark is a blue crystal heart to represent love.


Flurry Heart is a pale pink alicorn with hot pink tipped wings.  Her hair transitions from pink to lavender with a bright blue streak running through.  Her eyes are a beautiful shade of blue.  Her cutie mark is a checkered, pale blue heart with light blue lines to reassemble a simple snowflake.


Why am I telling you this now?  Because I want to tell you who we are going to visit at their home, The Crystal Empire.  And so I wouldn't have to do this later on in the story.  Just to be clear Flurry didn’t get her cutie mark after a long time, til like 15 or 16.  Anyways me and my friends went to the Crystal Empire to help set up a surprize birthday party for Flurry Heart, who is turning 10 years old today.  We were planning, or Pinkie and I was planning on making her party a winter themed party, because of the event when she broke the Crystal Heart right before her Crystalling-.


“Then an evil winter storm came to wipe out the Crystal Empire, NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN!”


“PINKIE!”  I yelled at Pinkie, who interrupted the story.  Me and my friends were on the train there, and it was a while since we've seen Flurry.  Pinkie is a really optimistic pony.  She has light pink fur with curly, cotton candy like, hot pink hair.  She has bubbly blue eyes that reflects her happiness, and optimistic personality.  Her cutie mark are three balloons, one yellow with a bright blue string and two bright blue balloons with yellow strings. “I’m writing something important.  Why did you interrupt me, and more importantly how did you know what I was writing about?¨  Pinkie can be predictive, but how does she know?


¨Just a hunch,¨ she squeaked with a squee with giant grin on her face.


¨Calm down, darling, we are almost there anyway.¨ said Rarity in a royal Canterlot voice, who was sitting next to me. She is a white unicorn with a purple curl for a mane and tail.  Her eyes were the color of pale blue diamonds, she also wore blue eyeshadow to match.  Her cutie mark were three blue diamonds.
¨You're right, Rarity, I shouldn't stress about it.  It`s just, I haven't seen Flurry, Cadence, and Shining for a long time.  I want to give Flurry the best party ever.¨ I answered.


¨We also get to see Rainbow Dash, that's something.¨ said Applejack in her western country tone, who was sitting across from me and Rarity.  Applejack is a orange earth pony with yellow hair in a low pony tail.  Her eyes were as green as a granny smith apple, not meaning her grandma, but you get the idea.  Her cutie mark were three red apples.  She always wore a cowboy hat.  And she was right.  We haven't seen Rainbow for a while.  Rainbow Dash is a blue pegasus with pinkish reddish eyes and rainbow hair.  Her cutie mark was a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt sticking out.  Since she married Sunburst, a powerful unicorn with fur the color of orange.  He has tan tipped hooves and a streak up above his nose.  Eyes a beautiful shade of blue, and hair full of streaks of scarlet orange and red orange.  He also wore pale, pale blue glasses.  His cutie mark was an dark orange circle like sun with white and blue sparkles and rays exploding out of it.  We haven’t seen them since the wedding.
So Fluttershy sat more quietly than she usually was that day.  Something was wrong, I could sense it.  Fluttershy is a yellow pegasus with blueish teal eyes and long pink hair.  Her cutie mark were teal and pink butterflies.  She just kept stroking her pet bunny, Angel.  So I got out of my seat, walked towards her across the aisle and sat next to her.  I asked,


“What’s wrong?  Are you okay?” she looked at me and answered in a hushed, sweet voice,
“Oh it’s nothing.  It's just that I haven’t seen Rainbow since the wedding and I’m nervous.”
“Why are you nervous?  We get to see Rainbow Dash, Cadence, Shining and Flurry.  How can you be nervous?”  Her eyes were sad but at the same time excited.  And she sort of had a glow to her, like the others.  Not like glow glow, but like they were.  It was strange but out of topic, Fluttershy turned back to the window for the rest of the ride.  So the train stops after a minute later, we were at the empire.  You will never guess who was waiting for us at the station.


“RAINBOW DASH!” we all yelled after stepping off the train.  Rainbow was standing with her front hoof over the other like she was waiting impatiently. Pinkie jumped onto Rainbow which tipped her over falling backwards.
“Hey guys, good to see you all again,” she wheezed in a recognizable raspy voice.  Mostly because Pinkie was hugging her so tight.  Oh I forgot Starlight was there as well, she was visiting Sunburst.  She was a pale purple unicorn, with blue violet eyes.  Her hair was dark purple, regular purple, and mint green.  Her cutie mark was a purple sparkle with mint blue and white mist swirling above it.  Pinkie finally climbed off of Rainbow Dash and we all talked about the things we missed while trotting toward the castle.


Along the way I noticed that Rainbow, too had that glow that the others had.  I think that they were going to tell us something for a long time.  So anyway we made it to the doors of the throne room in the empire.  We walked through the doors and then a young voice called out,


“AUNT TWILIGHT!” a little Flurry Heart, running towards me, her hooves echoed the gigantic room.  We do our own little dance that Cadence and I always did when she filly-sat me.
“Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake!  Clap your hooves and do a little shake!”  Flurry giggled I can tell you she was excited in looking forward to see me.
“Happy Birthday Flurry.  How are you?” I asked.  Her eyes flickered up and down and her wings fluttered fast with excitement.
“I’m just EXCITED!”  I could tell.  When she gets too excited the last word she says she shouts it.  She was inspired by Pinkie and a few others.  Her happy voice and excitement is from Pinkie Pie.  But again Flurry was inspired by a lot of ponies.
“Sorry about that.  Too excited,” now she was forcing the excitement down.


“It’s ok.  Everypony gets excited.  Some ponies over the littlest of things.”  a voice said out of the blue.  Literally out of the blue doors of the blue room.  It was Cadence walking into the room with Shining at her side.
“Hi everypony, hope you got comfortable because it’s going to be a long day.”  said Shining Armor.  I trotted to them both and squeezed them a hug.


“No problem.  It is just so great to be back at the empire again.” I said back.  So we all make it to our rooms to unpack.  While unpacking I felt like I was going to vomit, I had to be strong.  But my stomach had other plans.  I run to a nearby trash can and puke for a while.  Thank goodness that these walls are so thick.  After the situation was over I rinse my mouth until I can’t taste it anymore, and used my magic to get rid of the smelly vomit.  I hear a knock at my door.
“Come in.” I call after.  Pinkie walks in and asked me,
“Are you ready to plan?”
“Mmm hmm.” I nodded.  We planned while trotting to the throne room.  Rarity and Applejack kept Flurry Heart busy out of the castle til the party gets setup.  Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were putting up the paper snowflakes, Cadence setup the winter blue streamers, and Shining Armor was getting the fake snow for the party.  Pinkie started blowing up white, mint blue, and winter blue balloons.  The other ponies were hiding the presents under the table so Flurry doesn’t see them and open them first, like her first birthday.  We hide them in a different spot each year, so she won’t look at the same place every year.  The chiefs were decorating the four layered cake with sprinkle snowflakes, piles of coconut shavings to act like snow piles, and icing swirls to act like the winter wind.  Starlight is searching for a great present for the birthday filly.


It was going to be one of the most fantastic parties that she was ever going to have.  I was for some reason planning her 16th birthday party when there was a commotion going on outside.  I tell Pinkie,


“I’m going to see what the commotion is about, ok?”
“Ok,” She wheezed after blowing up too many balloons.
“Stop blowing anymore balloons, Pinkie,”
“Ok,” she answered back.
I look out the window and my mouth drops to the floor.  I wasn't believing this.  Cadence wouldn't believe it.
“Uhhh Cadence, how many guests are to be at the party?” I asked
“Not very many, why?” she replied


“There is a mob outside the doors.” Cadence walked over and her mouth also dropped.  There were mares, stallions, fillies and colts lined down the road, loud with chatter and laughter.  Overwhelmed with fear we back away from the window and told everypony else.


“Since when was there a line to the empire?!” asks Rainbow Dash with a squeak of raspiness.
“I don’t know, but I think it would be for Flurry’s party.  Maybe some ponies thought they could bring more than one guest.” I said.  My mind was spinning with thoughts and/or revolutions for this problem.  Then something clicked in my head, a plan.


“What is it, Twilight?” questioned Starlight when she trotted into the room, with a perfectly wrapped present levitating above her.


“I think have a plan for this problem.  But I need a lot of assistance.”


~


“Darling can you tell me how you are able to walk around here without being crowded?” I asked the little Flurry Heart on the way to the spa along with Applejack who was trotting to keep up with our pace.  The road was speckled with crystal ponies, some buying food or accessories, some sell the products, and others are ordering at a restaurant or two. 


“I ran up and down the street when I was three, playing with my imaginary friends.  At first ponies kept bowing at me non-stop until it wasn’t necessary to do it anymore.  That is also when the fillies and colts started calling me “Crazy” “Weirdo” “Freak” for me having an imagination.”  Flurry said starting out sweet then going Fluttershy on us.


“It’s okay sugarcube,” huffed Applejack, “things will get better.”
“I hope you’re right, Aunt Applejack.”  We finally made it to the spa after that chat.
We walk in heading to the front desk when all of a sudden all three of us were pulled into the lounge chairs.  Two almost familiar faces greet us in unison with,


“HI! Welcome to the Spa!  What will you what today?” The mare on the left had lavender, fuschia purple fur with pale lavender eyes and even paler lavender hair.  She had a hairbrush for a cutie mark.  The one on the right had a more fuschia pink coat with grey eyes and an off yellow mane and tail.  Her cutie mark was a fern or flower of some type with a yellow-green bow.  I replied to the mares,


“Well since you pulled all three of us into nice chairs I think I’ll ha-”
“We were talking to the princess, lady.” said the one on the right.  I look at Flurry and so did Applejack.  We were quite shocked and kinda mad.  Flurry said in a shaky voice,
“Surprise us!  And please don’t be mean to my Aunt Twilight’s friends, okay?” they were like servants or something because the two yelled in unison again,
“YES, YOUR HIGHNESS!” and they ran off to find things for the treatment. 


“Well that was rude of them.  Do they know manners for other customers?” I asked myself.  Soon after the two mares came with a very special treatment, it was a massage then a mud bath and the last thing that they did was give us hooficures.  When the amazing treatment was over we went to the front desk to pay for it, they insisted to not pay for it.


“We insist, we want you to have a fantastic day without paying.  That is our rule.” said the mare on the left.
“No, you know the rule that I have to pay no matter what the cost,” said Flurry Heart, “I insist on giving you at least enough to pay your bills for a few months.”  Then Flurry gave the two mares about one hundred bits!  It was in a big bag only a stallion can carry, how could she carry that thing?!  Mostly where did the sack come from?  The three of us left the spa with me questioning the little filly,


“How could you carry that huge bag all by yourself?” She giggles,
“Oh, Rarity, you didn’t know?  Uncle Discord taught me a spell that you can carry anything in a pocket universe at will.” Me and Applejack stopped trotting with our mouths hanging wide open.
“ You… Discord… Together… Spell… WHAT!” I shrieked.


“Are ya’ll seeing this?!”  screamed Applejack.  I turn my attention to the road in front of me.  I could see the street  was full of streamers, balloons, and piles of what seems to be fake snow.  Flurry Heart is nowhere in sight and Twilight is running towards us asking.
“WHERE IS FLURRY HEART!” She was huffing and puffing for air.  Somehow Flurry had gone missing, and we needed to find her fast!  And I knew we put more stress on Twilight’s shoulders.
~
“I’m sorry but I don’t think you are “all” invited.  I think my sister-in-law meant to invite the ponies that have an invitation.” I apologized to the now angry mob outside the castle.  I had to explain that the castle was much too small to fit the whole kingdom inside.
“But Princess Flurry Heart told everypony that we all are invited to her party if she has one!” shouted one crystal pony.  Flurry Heart, why? I thought to myself.  Also there was another problem,
“There’s a problem, Princess Twilight and Princess Cadence,”
“What is it?” asked Cadence.
“THEY’RE WHAT!” I shrieked at the guard.  It turns out, we lost Pinkie and Fluttershy.  "Pinkie, I  understand, but Fluttershy wouldn’t leave unless somthing big was going on."


The author's comments:

My friend Cassie wrote this and she wanted my help to get it out there! I hope you like it as much as I did.

And don't worry there is more to come.