Four Years and Forever | Teen Ink

Four Years and Forever

By kalibranstetterweiser BRONZE, Weiser, Idaho
kalibranstetterweiser BRONZE, Weiser, Idaho

I am that girl. I am the one who doesn’t know the way things go. I am the one that everyone looks at up and down. I am a small town girl from Washington. I don’t know how it’s like to live in a big city like London. I am extremely nervous to see how things turn out today. It’s the day I meet my ”new family.”
I already can tell that this household is going to be different. There are beautiful crab apple trees down the driveway. Green grass is flowing perfectly along the bright green hills. A vintage grey mailbox standing as if it is guarding the house. In white calligraphy writing there is the last name of Styles. The long effortlessly beautiful driveway begins to appear and become shorter.  I look at this breathtaking house in complete awe. I swear I’ve seen it before in my dreams. A huge three story old-fashioned home with crystal clear glass shining in the sunlight. Protecting the glass, there shows two white panels and a window frame. I quickly get excited and jump out of the car to walk down the pavement.  I can’t wait to meet my new family.
As I am walking I see a stone water fountain. There are coins inside the fountain, as the water falls onto it. There are beautiful flowers surrounding the fountain and tiles. Oh my gosh. How do these people have so much money? As I am walking on stone pathway, I see even more of the bright green grass. The stone path quickly leads to the beautiful house. I knock on the door, when almost instantly, it opens. I am quickly pulled into a warm and loving hug.
The woman, maybe in her thirties, said to me, “Hello! My name is Anne Styles. I will be your mother for the next few of years!” I feel my smile grow even more.
“My name is Rose Charlland. You can call me Rosie.” She quickly gives me another hug.
“What a beautiful name, Rose. Come in! Let me show you around and introduce you to the rest of the family.” I begin to step in the house, and my jaw drops. I’ve never seen a house so perfect and dreamy like this.
When you first walk into the house, you enter the huge living room. There is a beautifully polished brown hard floor that is apart of the stairway. When you go up, there is another living room, but it looks as if it is used as a play room. The first room you walk by is humongous. It is in a theme of grey, black, and white. It is very elegant and sophisticated. I automatically begin to walk into the room, thinking that it will be mine.
“What are you doing, love? Your room is a couple of doors down. You aren’t staying in the guest room!” Anne says. I look down.
  “Sorry Anne. I just automatically thought that--”
“You are fine, Rose! Don’t stress about it!” We begin to walk again, and the next room is appears. It looks like someone is already staying in the room. It has a manly take on it. It has a lot of grey, black, and brown. It has the theme of wood and metal.
“Rose, this is Harry’s room. He is downstairs in the kitchen, you will soon meet him after we are done.”
“Ok, Anne!” I say. We are still walking down, and we hit yet another room. It has gold, salmon, and teal decorations surrounding the bed. The theme incorporates a lot of arrows. Anne tells me it belongs to Gemma, another person I’ll be meeting downstairs.
She then introduces me to my room. It is absolutely breathtaking. I have never seen any room as put together as this. It is in the theme of gold, black, and white. There is a seat to look out of, next to a window. The seat is a book shelf. It can also be used as a trunk to store things. On it is a blanket that has my name on it.  My king sized bed has white covers and pillows that have different quotes on them that are inspirational.  Next to the bed is a little shelf that has a cute black and gold decoration on it. The shelves also have some organizers for the stuff I will soon collect to put there. Next to the shelf, on the wall, there is a clothing rack spot that has a little bit of clothing that I can already tell will be my favorites. They are labeled ‘My favorites’ in a cute handwriting similar to the one on the Styles’ mailbox. I also have a huge walk-in closet that is organized by color with the clothing in there. The closet is, sadly, the size of my old room. I can’t even believe it. I have this little desk that I can do homework. I have a desk in my closet where I can do my makeup, and it has a huge organizer on it to put stuff on. Now, of course, I have my own bathroom in my room. In it, is a whole bunch of beauty things that I’ll need in the future. There is a huge walk in shower that is completely separated from the rest of the bathroom.  I have, I swear, a whole little house to myself. This was nothing compared to the room I had back at home. I just look at Anne in shock and give her a billion hugs. I’m not even sure how many times I said thank you for the room. She just looks at me smiling.
“It’s the least I could do.” Anne said that the next floor was all just a storage level.The level below is also a game room. She then took me to the kitchen to meet the rest of her family, before we would eat dinner. When I walk into the kitchen six eyes look straight at me.
“Everyone, this is Rose. She is the lovely girl that will staying with us for the next four years.” The family smiles. The first one to introduce himself has brown curly hair that is put into a perfect quiff. His straight white teeth are apart of a huge smile. Which, has a huge dimple to compliment it. He looks to be my age, but just really tall. While I, on the other hand, am averagely sized. His emerald green eyes look dead into my eyes.
“Hello Rose! My name is Harry. Harry Styles.” He says. I smile and wave. The next one to look towards me is, obviously, the sister of Harry. She has a lot of similar features with him. Including their perfect teeth and lovely dimple, she also has wavy blonde hair that I secretly wish I had. She has beautiful hazel eyes that sparkle in the light. Her smile is beaming in the room when she begins to speak.
“Hello, my name is Gemma. It is so nice to meet you, Rose!” I smile.
“It's very nice to meet you too, Gemma!” Finally, the last one to introduce himself, was the father.
“Hello, my name is Desmond. Welcome to our family. I hope we have felt you as welcome as we want you to be!” I smiled and waved again.
“Don’t worry about it! You guys are amazing.” I said.
The family showed me around the backyard and downstairs. When we were finished, we all sat down and ate a fancy dinner.
“Thank you guys so much. I can’t even thank you guys enough, already. It is only the first day! I can tell I am going to have an amazing time in your household. I already feel apart of your family, and know that I am going to have an amazing time here. Thank you guys!” I said.
They all just looked at me and told me how thankful they were. Their family is extremely funny, happy, welcoming, and kind. I love them all so much and it feels like I am one of theirs. I am going to have an amazing time here in London, and it is because of this family.
I’ve never been any happier in my life. I am the luckiest person ever. I have the opportunity to be with such a joyous and united family. This whole past week with this family has been mainly about getting close. Each day we have gone out and done something fun to create a close bond. Then, we would go back to the house and Anne would make us a delicious meal. An example of something we did was to go ice skating. I only went ice skating once, and that was back when I was 13. So it has been a while. I fell so many times when we went. They all were getting a kick out of it. Harry and Gemma got on both of my sides and held my hands while we skated across the glossy ice. It was kind of awkward holding Harry’s hand, but I didn’t care. I had a blast. Today is the last full day before my first day of school. Today, we are going to St. Paul’s Cathedral. Harry was telling me that is a really beautiful place to go visit. But it can be a very crowded place because of it’s popularity with tourists. Harry began to ask me some questions about my home back in Washington.
“You’re going to think this is funny, but I am from Forks, Washington. I am from Twilight town.” I laughed.
“Wait. Really? That’s funny. Is it a nice place to live in?”
“Yeah. I mean everything is built around Twilight though. There are tours, stores, menus, houses, and anything else you can think of. I really love the school and community. But, it’s nice to be somewhere different from it. I like being in this bigger town. There are way more things to do, and I don’t have to drive all the way to Port Angeles just to go shopping or something.”
“I can see how that’s nice. It sounds fun though, to be apart of a movie and book town. I want to go to a smaller town and be apart of a tight and close community. I think it would be so much better than being in such a big crowd all the time with the tourists.”
“That’s funny. We want to be in each other’s shoes right now.”
“Haha, yeah. Rose?”
“Yeah?”
“I want to go with you somewhere, sometime. I have some things to tell you, and I first want to let you know that it will be just us two going to the place.”
“Ok! When are we going to do this?”
“Umm.. would this Friday work?”
“You bet! I can’t wait. We will finally get to know each other outside of your family’s gatherings.”
“It’s your family too.” He says.
We finally go to the cathedral, and it was absolutely breathtaking. The inside of it was humongous. When you first walk in all you see is the beautiful white marble with random specks of gold and other colors. I loved the place so much. I decided to take a whole bunch of pictures to put in my album to take home. I already have created so many memories. I’ve fallen in love with this place.
Friday finally came, and I was absolutely nervous. But, I was excited.
The first week of school was an absolute blast. Harry told me that I fit in with his friends really well. They all  apparently really liked me. Gemma also told me that I am more than welcome to hang out with her friends anytime I want. I didn’t run into any problems with the school or classmates, thankfully. Which, was all because of Harry and Gemma. They are obviously the popular kids in the school, which was the complete opposite of me. I wouldn’t classify myself as the popular kid or the nerd in school. I was just kind of there.
“Hey! You kind of seem like you’re deep in thought? Are you sure you want to go out tonight? We can cancel it and go back home to join the rest of the crew.” Harry says.
“Oh, I guess I kind of was. I’m sorry. I was just thinking about school back in Forks. I don’t know. I was just in memory land.”
“Hey! Tell me about what you were thinking about?”
“Well, I was thinking about how you and Gemma have to be the most popular people. I really don’t understand how to be one or whatever. But, I know you guys are. Why else would people be saying my name in the hallway? I was a nobody in school. I was just forgotten. Nobody knew my name. And then I come here, and I become apart of an amazing family. Who aren’t just the nicest, but also the most looked upo--”
“Rosie, you don’t understand. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to talk to you..”
“No, I don’t. But what I do understand, is the fact that there is something I am completely naive about. I can feel it. What is it?”
“Rose. What you don’t understand is extremely important.” Harry began to explain. He looks at me in concern. He then stops the car, pulls over, and hops out of the car. He opens the trunk of the black Mercedes. He grabs a blanket and basket. Then, walks to my side of the car and opens the door for me. He grabs my hand, and we begin to walk. As we are walking, I thought about what could be so important that he was about to tell me. “Rosie, I’m sorry, but you are such a nobody. You don’t deserve our family. You deserve far worse..” Oh no. What am I going to do? I don’t want to go back home. I begin to panic.
I lose track of time, when Harry begins to say, “Rosie, this is where we are going to sit.” I nod. “Actually, can we lay down and look up at the stars while I tell you?” Harry finishes.
“Yes, but please hurry. I can’t stand this wait.” I say in a panic.
“Ok. So, you don’t know anything about me, in general, I guess. Because you know the simple things. But, there is something you really need to know about. So important that maybe things would make more sense.” He pauses to look up at the stars. “3 years ago, when I was 16, my mom told me that the X-Factor was coming to look for talent. I told my mom that I would love to go audition. I’ve had this passion to sing, along with baking. Anyways, my mom signed me up to audition. When I went there, I was really nervous. I didn’t want to mess up in front of Simon Cowell. I performed Isn’t She Lovely, and the judges really liked it. I was able to qualify for the chance to go to bootcamp. They all pulled the boys out and called out all the people that were safe. My name wasn’t called.”
“Oh my gosh! I am so sorry, Harry!”
“It’s really fine. So fine, that, oh well nevermind. Anyways, there was this long pause, and Simon went to talk to the other judges about something. I remember thinking about how stupid it was. How they were just doing this for some good drama on TV. Simon came back with the other judges and they called out the names, Harry, Niall, Louis, Liam, and Zayn. They explained to us that they felt we didn’t deserve to go home, and that our voices would sound perfect together. I named our band One Direction when we all met up. We went to bootcamp and ended up having a huge success. We have a lot of fans here, and we’ve been at this for about 3 years now. You see, the only reason I don’t have all these people following me and screaming, is because I grew up with these people at school. They don’t think it is weird to have a singer, me, go to school with them. That is the reason why we, as in my sister and I,  are so popular. I was so surprised to hear that we were going to have a foreign exchange student this year. All the boys and I took a year break. We decided it would be good to go back to school and to be with our families. Rosie, that is my explanation. I hope that wasn’t too confusing.”
“No, this all makes sense now. I can’t believe I didn’t know! This is so cool. Trust me, I am going to check out your songs and stuff. There’s no way you can stop me, haha. But I want you to know that things won’t be awkward between us. By the way, I want you to to take me to meet your bandmates. I’m sure they are really nice.”
“Ok! Deal. I have one more thing to say.” Harry says with a hint of nervousness behind it.
“Go ahead! Shoot it out.” I say.
“Well, the first day you were here, there was just something about you. I’m not sure what, but there was something. I am so intrigued by you. I want to get to know you better, because I really like you.” I began to blush.
“You are way too sweet. I would love to get to know you better too. And to be completely honest with you, I kind of like you too.”
“I can’t wait. Tell me about yourself.”
After hours passed by of endless talking, Harry and I knew that we both were meant for each other.
“I can’t wait to start our future together, Rose Charlland. It’s going to be amazing.” Harry says.

This is a Harry Styles inspired story. A girl moves into London not knowing anything about a big city. She becomes apart of one of the nicest families she has ever come across.