Everything is harder without you | Teen Ink

Everything is harder without you

December 15, 2016
By Riley_Rose SILVER, Danboro, Pennsylvania
Riley_Rose SILVER, Danboro, Pennsylvania
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is when you can get that feeling for someone, and you've never had it before- butterflies in your stomach, you feel super comfortable around that person."- Niall Horan


*Billie's POV*

The fans they screamed my name as I stood by the edge of the stage.  A microphone in my hands, a purple guitar hanging loosely around me.  My black hair sticking to my forehead from the droplets of sweat.  As I look out in the crowd I see each face, and each word they screamed.  They were the reason that made me smile.  They were a second family to me and the boys.  I felt my breath shake as I was going to tell them news that they can hate me for.

I waited five minutes and the screams died down.

"Guys listen..." I spoke as the crowd started screaming again.

"You might hate me or love me.  Honestly at this point I might not care.  The boys and I have thought about this for a while and we think it is time to say goodbye to fame and the spot light for a while.  But don't worry, we will be back, we will come home to you.  Most of you might be older and have children of your own and I figured that.  But there will be that day we come back. For our last song we will bring an old song back." I smiled as I put the mic on the stand and began to play 'Give Me Novocaine'. After we finished the song, we watched as the crowd filled out of the arena.  One girl, who looked 14 or 15, stood by the edge of the stage just watching us.  Mike watched her and walked over.  She handed him three letters and she left.  Her blond hair flowing behind her was beautiful.

"Looks like you got a little fan." Mike smirked as he gave me the letter he girl gave to him.   I looked up and saw the girl leave.  I smiled to myself as I opened the letter.  I have gotten many things before in my life from fans but never like this.  She told me how I saved her life, I was a reason behind her own smile that lit up a room if she needed to.  I was moved to tears from this letter.  As I walked off stage, I took one last look. I saw the empty seats, the Green Day drum kit, everything on stage reminded me of those crazy years that I spent on that stage.  From tour to tour, worldwide and seeing many faces.  I walked out the doors in the back but I stopped myself.

'What if we never come back?' I thought to myself and looked back at the once lit up stage.  The stage crew moved the drums, amps, and the guitars.  I sighed to myself thinking this was a new chapter in Green Day's story that was coming to an end.   I walked out on the pavement one last time.  The blinding lights and screams from fans stopped me in my tracks.  I saw a ledge and stood on top of it and listen to the screams of fans all around me.   It almost felt like I ruled the world.   Then I saw her walking away from the crowd.  The little blonde haired girl.  My eyes grew wide as I ran towards her.

"Hey!" I shouted and the girl stopped.

"Um hi..." She said with a British accent.  She smiled at me.

"I know I might sound weird but how old are you?"   I asked her.

"19"

I was shocked at this answer. She looked so much younger.  We started talking and it was 11 at night.

"Well I must get home." She said as she sat up.

"Wait I never got your name." I waited.

"Delilah."

"Thats a nice name."

I later got her number and walked off.


The author's comments:

This piece comes from experince.  I have fallen for a famous guy and it did not end to well.  :(